2007/2008 Beechwood

Should do pretty well among the NKAC D-III schools but will struggle in district. They will improve with Coach Shumate as the season goes along.

Needs to get the football athletes to commit to playing basketball and create some depth in the program.

The Northern Kentucky basketball community suffered a huge loss with the passing of Coach Shumates father recently. I know the first few games are going to be tough emotionally for Coach Shumate not having his dad on the sidelines but there are a lot of us rooting for him.

Should do pretty well among the NKAC D-III schools but will struggle in district. They will improve with Coach Shumate as the season goes along.

Needs to get the football athletes to commit to playing basketball and create some depth in the program.

The Northern Kentucky basketball community suffered a huge loss with the passing of Coach Shumates father recently. I know the first few games are going to be tough emotionally for Coach Shumate not having his dad on the sidelines but there are a lot of us rooting for him.

Rick will do fine at Beechwood. I wish him the best of luck in his first Varsity job. Incredibly sorry to hear about Jim. My deepest sympathies to Rick and the entire family. Best of luck Coach...

• 2 months later...
Will Romes see any varsity time this year or will he be at the jv level? Is he a sophomore or junior? Alex Hall very well could be the scoring leader in the 9th region next year. Rick Shumate is a great coach and can turn this program into a contender in the 35th in years to come.

Romes is a junior and will be a varsity starter. I agree that Alex Hall very well could be the regions leading scorer.

• 2 weeks later...