UC Irvine 8 Arizona State 7 (10in) (CWS game10)

oldrambler

Anyone know the story of that big dude in the dugout holding the red bat? I missed it, if they gave it, so I was left guessing everytime they showed him (which was every 8 seconds).

Thanks.

Yep, that was their "bench captain", a favorite of the team members. I can't think of his name right now but he was voted bench captain bc he always kept ther dugout going with "chants", the "rally hats", "rolling the dice" and other actions when they needed a run/runs. They said the red bat was the teams "lucky" bat and that was one that he held and pointed towards the field during a rally :lol: . Nope, there are no superstitons in baseball :eek: :lol: .I think that it is great and is just part of what makes college baseball so great :thumb: .

These college teams are playing baseball for all the RIGHT reasons. I also enjoy the LLWS when it comes about, kids playing ball - nothing better. These teams are also very talented and are well coached :thumb: . I wish that espn would carry more college baseball throuhout the season.

McPapa, I did my own research since you and I were getting no help on this mythical "Whammer." His name is Zach Robinson, he is a senior, he has hit about .275 over the last two years with no home runs (shocked? Me too). He appears to be some sort of campus icon / hero...here is a Q & A with said dude....

http://www.athletics.uci.edu/TRA/2005-06AskAnAnt/RobinsonAnswer.html

^^ I didn't see your post before I made my last one.

Do you get ESPNU? They have done a great job showing a ton of college baseball. So does CSTV if you get that.

No I don't get espnu, I have the wonderful Time Warner Cable :rolleyes: and they do not put that in their lineup, say that they do not have rights to it. I have heard that it is bc they don't want to pay for the rights for it.:irked: I do not have CSTV either.

More and more with TWC and the more I am thinking about direct t.v. or another provider other than Time Warner.

As my cousin has stated numerous times. You can't beat a Beavers/Eaters match up...

Mitts, I have to say that I could have any number of lines for this comment :D . I do really enjoy posting and being a member on BGP though so I had better not :sssh: :D .

For the record, the CWS must be moved from that location. Parking, traffic, navigating inside the stadium, standing in line...etc. All of these things are going to be bad, I get that. However, they could be much, much better.

Still not enough of a problem to spoil the trip but breaking attendance records every year means a bigger facility is needed...IMO.

For the record, the CWS must be moved from that location. Parking, traffic, navigating inside the stadium, standing in line...etc. All of these things are going to be bad, I get that. However, they could be much, much better.

Still not enough of a problem to spoil the trip but breaking attendance records every year means a bigger facility is needed...IMO.

I didn't get to ask you when we talked, any fouls land in your area or the family....Nothing better than a souvenir baseball.

I didn't get to ask you when we talked, any fouls land in your area or the family....Nothing better than a souvenir baseball.

On the last day a homerun landed about 10 people over but that was the closest. All the right field homerun's were in our vicinity but none really close.