Deaton Leaves Whitley Co.

There has been only on constant over those 25 years and that has been turmoil. If I were tryin to put my finger on the blame I would look around and see why these fine coaches do not want to stay. You would think after so many changes people might realize that it can not always be the coaches fault. Some of the guilt has to be shared by alot of folks for 10 Coaches leaving in the last 15 seasons. The kids deserve better IMO.

"10 Coaches leaving in the last 15 seasons"....Thats crazy, that has not happened with the football program at Whitley either 4chs...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Mr. Anderson and the AD need to let the parents and booster club interview candidates for the boys basketball coach, then if they pass their inspection, he will get to stay around for longer. This changing coaches every year is probably why a lot of talent leaves Whitley and goes to other schools. Coaching at Whitley may not look too good on a resume nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...

BUT, has never won a region or appeared in many regional finals, either....guess it looks pretty good compared to most other programs out at Whitley.... one of the largest schools in the the area, so what is the problem. The man can coach as could Deaton,,,,,,,,,,,,so what is the major issue....? Luck, talent, funding, support, parents, other issues that are outside of the box.....lol

No excuses, til some one gets it done, the questions will be there. If you are happy with district winners and losing in the region then Whitley maybe the place for you. If not then you do as many have done before and you look elsewhere, problems start at the top.......maybe people need to look higher than the head coach to get things improved.:scared: