Mason County Royals Summer Shootout Updates?

Everyone try and post here game results and opinions on how the individual teams and players looked. Only thing have heard so far is Bracken County looked abysmal, long season ahead for Fite, no ball handlers or shooters. Team will be lost without Hall and Hamilton for possibly two seasons until some kids step it up.

I saw several varsity games today and will post what scores i can remember,Saw Ashland twice and they looked bad as they lost by 22 to Madison Central and by 10 to Newport Central Catholic.Pendleton County looked good very energetic and young as they beat Huntington Ohio by like 11.St Pat was missing Owens and didn't look very good loosing both games big.Grant County beat Harrison County in a thriller by 4.Mason County played only once and was short handed missing 3 starters in Keith Downing,Trevor Setty and Darius Miller they played a scrappy Johnson Central team and beat them by like 10 with basically the J/V and Russ Middleton.Mason Freshman team looked totally Awesome in there games.I will post tomm results tomm night as i didn't see any games downtown today.

Fieldhouse Scores:

Bracken Co - 49 West Union, Ohio - 55

Scott High - 41 Lewis County - 37

St. Patrick - 37 Newport Cath. - 60

St. Patrick - 29 Huntington, Ohio - 63

Newport Cath. - 53 Ashland - 38

Madison Central - 68 Scott High - 46

Harrison County - 61 Grant Co. - 64

Pendleton Co. - 45 Huntington, Oh. - 51

Ashland - 49 Madison Central - 71

Johnson Central - 48 Mason Co. - 55

ST. Patrick played without Owens, Madison Cent was short two or three, Johnson Central short four due to baseball team and Mason Co played without Miller, Setty, Downing. More full day action all day tomorrow.

I saw several varsity games today and will post what scores i can remember,Saw Ashland twice and they looked bad as they lost by 22 to Madison Central and by 10 to Newport Central Catholic.Pendleton County looked good very energetic and young as they beat Huntington Ohio by like 11.St Pat was missing Owens and didn't look very good loosing both games big.Grant County beat Harrison County in a thriller by 4.Mason County played only once and was short handed missing 3 starters in Keith Downing,Trevor Setty and Darius Miller they played a scrappy Johnson Central team and beat them by like 10 with basically the J/V and Russ Middleton.Mason Freshman team looked totally Awesome in there games.I will post tomm results tomm night as i didn't see any games downtown today.

mhighfield, please fill us in on how the freshman looked individually in their games on Friday and Saturday. Also, how did the local teams such as Bracken,Pendleton and St. Patrick look in the games that you see them in? Thanks for all the information.

Everyone try and post here game results and opinions on how the individual teams and players looked. Only thing have heard so far is Bracken County looked abysmal, long season ahead for Fite, no ball handlers or shooters. Team will be lost without Hall and Hamilton for possibly two seasons until some kids step it up.

Bracken's first game against Grant County at The Boys Club was where they looked bad, evidently they picked things up a bit with only losing to West Union by 6 at the fieldhouse later on. Grant looked good,decent height, good defensively,run well.

Fieldhouse Scores:

Bracken Co - 49 West Union, Ohio - 55

Scott High - 41 Lewis County - 37

St. Patrick - 37 Newport Cath. - 60

St. Patrick - 29 Huntington, Ohio - 63

Newport Cath. - 53 Ashland - 38

Madison Central - 68 Scott High - 46

Harrison County - 61 Grant Co. - 64

Pendleton Co. - 45 Huntington, Oh. - 51

Ashland - 49 Madison Central - 71

Johnson Central - 48 Mason Co. - 55

ST. Patrick played without Owens, Madison Cent was short two or three, Johnson Central short four due to baseball team and Mason Co played without Miller, Setty, Downing. More full day action all day tomorrow.

Who picked things up for the royals with all of the absences?

mhighfield, please fill us in on how the freshman looked individually in their games on Friday and Saturday. Also, how did the local teams such as Bracken,Pendleton and St. Patrick look in the games that you see them in? Thanks for all the information.

Pendleton looked really energetic and played very well most the game i saw,They are young team not sure if they was missing anyone at all.Didnt see Bracken and St Pat was missing Owens and another starter didnt do very well but that was expected without there best player.

Who picked things up for the royals with all of the absences?

Ethan King was top scorer not sure his total but id say around 20 Middleton played well also.They should have there work cut out for them today as they play LexCath at 3pm .

Some scores from Saturday. Remember alot of teams were playing short handed.

Eastern Brown, Ohio - 39 Mason County - 61

Bracken County - 31 North Adams, Ohio - 60

Lincoln County - 54 Scott High - 40

Grant County - 74 West Union, Ohio - 51

Madison Central - 59 Newport Catholic - 55

Grant County - 43 Johnson Central - 33

Lexington Catholic - 40 Madison Central - 55

Lexington Catholic - 37 Mason County - 66

North Adams, Ohio - 56 Pendleton County - 53

Eastern Brown, Ohio - 64 Harrison County - 42

Mason County - 49 Simon Kenton - 39

Covington Holmes - 40 Lexington Catholic - 43

North Adams, Ohio - 54 Harrison County - 45

Some scores from Saturday. Remember alot of teams were playing short handed.

Eastern Brown, Ohio - 39 Mason County - 61

Bracken County - 31 North Adams, Ohio - 60

Lincoln County - 54 Scott High - 40

Grant County - 74 West Union, Ohio - 51

Madison Central - 59 Newport Catholic - 55

Grant County - 43 Johnson Central - 33

Lexington Catholic - 40 Madison Central - 55

Lexington Catholic - 37 Mason County - 66

North Adams, Ohio - 56 Pendleton County - 53

Eastern Brown, Ohio - 64 Harrison County - 42

Mason County - 49 Simon Kenton - 39

Covington Holmes - 40 Lexington Catholic - 43

North Adams, Ohio - 54 Harrison County - 45

Lexington Catholic must have been extemely short-handed. How'd Holmes look?

Ashland came back Sat and got 2 wins, they beat Pendleton Co and Scott High with out Matt Thomas. Biggs played about 12 kids in a very fast paced game. It looked more like Dec than June.

How did Simon Kenton look? Was Darius playing for Mason or was he at the UK elite camp?

Darius is in Italy playing with team Reebok and I only saw Simon Kenton against Mason. They played hard but was out manned against Mason. That game Mason had everybody but Miller and Thompson.

How did Simon Kenton look? Was Darius playing for Mason or was he at the UK elite camp?

I heard from a good source that they looked real good against Ashland and won that game by a ton. They were winning the Mason game into the third quarter and just ran out of gas.

IMO: SK should be the favorite for the 8th region this coming season.