Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 10 Ludlow 9

Featured Replies

  • Author
I have seen several people mention how weak the district is this year. I don't think it matters which team won. 3 teams with losing records in the region doesn't speak well to some of the districts up here but that's the way it is.

Why don't we just tell the boy's they stink and they are losers because they only won the 34th districts! These are just young boy's we are talking about not the majors!! These boy's did not put the districts together, they did however win their district and should be proud,and not made to feel like it was no big deal.I am proud of all the champs no matter what your district! Good luck to all teams in the regionals.

Some district winners are just more impressive than others, that's just the way it is.

Some district winners are just more impressive than others, that's just the way it is.

 

 

However, when it is all said and done, a district champion is still a district champion no matter who you play and no matter what your record says!

However, when it is all said and done, a district champion is still a district champion no matter who you play and no matter what your record says!

 

I agree.

Well...........If people can have the opinion that Dixie is a regional contender why can't we have an opposite opinion and say no they are not. Now if I said Silver Grove is not a regional contender in the 10th would you be ripping and saying something? Trust me nobody is happier than the Bluebirds right now except Beechwood with the regional draw. The district is a bad district plain and simpler. Just like some districts (CC, Beechwood, HC) is a loaded district except for Holmes. Dixie is pretty much a lock for the region every year. IF they traded places with Holmes Dixie would be the worst team in the district.

Well...........If people can have the opinion that Dixie is a regional contender why can't we have an opposite opinion and say no they are not. Now if I said Silver Grove is not a regional contender in the 10th would you be ripping and saying something? Trust me nobody is happier than the Bluebirds right now except Beechwood with the regional draw. The district is a bad district plain and simpler. Just like some districts (CC, Beechwood, HC) is a loaded district except for Holmes. Dixie is pretty much a lock for the region every year. IF they traded places with Holmes Dixie would be the worst team in the district.

 

 

I do not have the opinion that Dixie is a regional "contender". I do however believe that they have the ability to win a game with Nichols on the mound.

 

Given the field and the district winners that Highlands could have drawn in Ryle, Beechwood, or Cov Cath, I agree that they got the best draw that they could have gotten. I was just expressing the opinion that it still isn't an "easy" draw, even if they are from the 34th district (which I too agree is the worst of the four area districts), because on any given day, especially with a team's ace going, anyone can beat someone else. Highlands, of all teams, should know this.

  • Author
Well...........If people can have the opinion that Dixie is a regional contender why can't we have an opposite opinion and say no they are not. Now if I said Silver Grove is not a regional contender in the 10th would you be ripping and saying something? Trust me nobody is happier than the Bluebirds right now except Beechwood with the regional draw. The district is a bad district plain and simpler. Just like some districts (CC, Beechwood, HC) is a loaded district except for Holmes. Dixie is pretty much a lock for the region every year. IF they traded places with Holmes Dixie would be the worst team in the district.
Jealous?? I bet your glass is alway's half empty!! It's high school baseball for goodness sake get over it!!
I was at the game and feel as though Hammonds was losing it on the mound as well. While a few of the runs he gave up were unearned, he did look like he was losing his gas in the 6th inning, which most likely prompted the pitching change because he wanted a fresh arm to close out the last inning and you cannot anticipate the walks, especially up 5 runs.

 

Personally, I think that with York on the mound that Ludlow can be dangerous and people should watch out for them anyway. Not saying they will win but that they could make things interesting.

 

As for Dixie, with Nichols on the mound I believe that they can be dangerous as well and may have a bit better lineup to support him. However, I'm not sure what their pitching depth aside from him is. Again, not sure how far they can make a run but definitely could give someone a scare.

 

I have to disagree with you on Hammons. Hammons was still pitching very well in the 6th inning. And with the way Dixie was struggling on him, you atleast got to send him back out there to start the 7th, because I mean you do have a 5 run lead, so if he started struggle you could have took him out right away. But you have to send him back out there and give him the chance to finish the game he started...

  • Author

Everyone is saying what a great pitcher York is , If Hammons is not your #1 I can't imagine how good York is. Dixie was having trouble getting around on him.I hope you guy's give Ryle fits!

JEALOUS? Not exactly sure where that is going.....My glass half empty? !!!!!!!!! Seriously though your point of it is only HS baseball is nice but I was only expressing an opinion.....which is what this forum is about. I still think the Bluebirds win and that is also only an opinion.

I do not have the opinion that Dixie is a regional "contender". I do however believe that they have the ability to win a game with Nichols on the mound.

 

Given the field and the district winners that Highlands could have drawn in Ryle, Beechwood, or Cov Cath, I agree that they got the best draw that they could have gotten. I was just expressing the opinion that it still isn't an "easy" draw, even if they are from the 34th district (which I too agree is the worst of the four area districts), because on any given day, especially with a team's ace going, anyone can beat someone else. Highlands, of all teams, should know this.

 

HHS could not have drawn Beechwood!

Dixie will be the team to beat in 2 years, it seem as though they are coming along nicely.

HHS could not have drawn Beechwood!

 

 

Sorry meant Dixie. Not Beechwood.

Will Hammons be a good pitcher as a Sophomore in your opinion?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.