Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paris has a new coach???

Featured Replies

Matt Thompson at Paris? Can anyone give some information on this guy?

Are you saying Matt Thompson is the new coach at Paris or are you asking if he is the new coach at Paris?

Yes Matt Thompson is the new coach at Paris. He has been there about 3 weeks now.

  • Author
Are you saying Matt Thompson is the new coach at Paris or are you asking if he is the new coach at Paris?

 

I was asking for someone to confirm. What is his background?

Oh sorry.- He played at Henry Co and went to Union to play football. I believe he left after 2 years and transfered to WKU. He coached at Henry Co 1 or 2 years and went to Florida and coached 2 years as well. (I am not sure on the time at both) He was hired by Mike Whitaker to be the DC at Powell for the 2007 season but after being there 3-4 weeks had the opportunity to take over Paris. I am sure someone associated with the program or school will have more information.

  • Author

So you are saying that Powell may need a D-Coordinator?

 

Thanks Willy

Not sure. I read somewhere that Mike Whitaker had hired the Nieces from Estill County but don't know at what capacity. I would say Whitaker is looking for coaches for all responsibilities but that is just my opinion. I simply know that Thompson was going to run the "D" at Powell before taking the Paris job.

Matt Thompson at Paris? Can anyone give some information on this guy?

Willydidit- pretty much sumed up what was in the Paris paper on Wed.

it also stated he was a conditioning/strength coach.

 

I have been told he is very disciplined- and that the guys there are taking to him very well...

Oh sorry.- He played at Henry Co and went to Union to play football. I believe he left after 2 years and transfered to WKU. He coached at Henry Co 1 or 2 years and went to Florida and coached 2 years as well. (I am not sure on the time at both) He was hired by Mike Whitaker to be the DC at Powell for the 2007 season but after being there 3-4 weeks had the opportunity to take over Paris. I am sure someone associated with the program or school will have more information.

 

Are you sure? I thought he played at North and South Laurel in High School.

Congratulations to Coach Thompson. Paris HS football is very special. The Hounds and Blanton Collier Stadium will always have a special place in my heart. We will be pulling for the Hounds every week, beginning with week 2! ;)

Are you sure? I thought he played at North and South Laurel in High School.

I was thinking he Coached (asst) at Henry and that he if from Laurel Co.

Congratulations to Coach Thompson. Paris HS football is very special. The Hounds and Blanton Collier Stadium will always have a special place in my heart. We will be pulling for the Hounds every week, beginning with week 2! ;)

:thumb:

What year did he leave Union and which Niece did Whitaker hire?

Coach Thompson is from Laurel County, and he played ball at both North and South Laurel. He was making actions to become the new backs coordinator when he decided to take other offer. Good luck to Coach Thompson. The "homeboy" will do everyone proud

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.