Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 8 Boyd 7

Featured Replies

Final from Addington Field

^ The game of Baseball is a funny game..............on any given night! ;)

  • Author
Interesting score....Never know what to expect.

No, you really can't anymore...congrats to Russell on a huge, huge win...

This was a much needed win for Russell. They had been struggling of late.

This was a much needed win for Russell. They had been struggling of late.

 

I think we bring the best out in everyone.:thumb:

It is these type of games that Boyd has to put away. It seems they possibly have a hole in games there that they could be knocked off in the District or Regionals if they are not careful. We need to put all things together and get these WINS.

Who pitched for Boyd? I am assuming that Boyd County had more than likely run out of pitching . I know that Perkins, Bowling, and Moore all pitched over the weekend. I wouldn't get overly concerned if I were a Boyd County fan.

I'd be interested to know who pitched for Russell as well. Did either team make errors?

Boyd pitched Venters, Smithers, Crisp, and Wiler. Russell pitched Suiter and Dillon in the 7th. The Devils never trailed in the game, but Boyd had a chance to win in the bottom of the seventh. Everyone knows Boyd did not pitch their #1, #2, or #3, but the Devils still played well. Kudos.

 

Both teams had 2 errors apiece, I think, but none were deciding factors in the score. Russell pounded out 14 hits and Boyd 11.

Boyd pitched Venters, Smithers, Crisp, and Wiler. Russell pitched Suiter and Dillon in the 7th. The Devils never trailed in the game, but Boyd had a chance to win in the bottom of the seventh. Everyone knows Boyd did not pitch their #1, #2, or #3, but the Devils still played well. Kudos.

 

Both teams had 2 errors apiece, I think, but none were deciding factors in the score. Russell pounded out 14 hits and Boyd 11.

Just wanted to say that I was not belittling Russels win. I guess it could have been taken that way. Even though Boyd may not have thrown one of their top three , it is still a very good win for Russell, as Venters is still a pretty good pitcher.

 

Congrats to the Red Devils on the big win.

Just wanted to say that I was not belittling Russels win. I guess it could have been taken that way. Even though Boyd may not have thrown one of their top three , it is still a very good win for Russell, as Venters is still a pretty good pitcher.

 

Congrats to the Red Devils on the big win.

 

I didn't take it that way. I do know that some will say, "Boyd didn't pitch their #1, 2 or 3, so...", so I was just getting that across early.

A great win for Russell, this could be the boost that they needed to end there season moving up

I still say this region is probably more of a toss up this year than in the years past. Boyd County is a notch above the rest, but apparently beatable as Ashland and Russell have shown.

Boyd seems to be a different team win 1 of our big 3 pitches. They change the whole dynamic of the game. But BC needs to come out ready to play every game, no matter who is pitching. That did not happen against Russell and BC had to pay for it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.