Russell 8 Boyd 7

It is these type of games that Boyd has to put away. It seems they possibly have a hole in games there that they could be knocked off in the District or Regionals if they are not careful. We need to put all things together and get these WINS.

Who pitched for Boyd? I am assuming that Boyd County had more than likely run out of pitching . I know that Perkins, Bowling, and Moore all pitched over the weekend. I wouldn't get overly concerned if I were a Boyd County fan.

Boyd pitched Venters, Smithers, Crisp, and Wiler. Russell pitched Suiter and Dillon in the 7th. The Devils never trailed in the game, but Boyd had a chance to win in the bottom of the seventh. Everyone knows Boyd did not pitch their #1, #2, or #3, but the Devils still played well. Kudos.

Both teams had 2 errors apiece, I think, but none were deciding factors in the score. Russell pounded out 14 hits and Boyd 11.

Boyd pitched Venters, Smithers, Crisp, and Wiler. Russell pitched Suiter and Dillon in the 7th. The Devils never trailed in the game, but Boyd had a chance to win in the bottom of the seventh. Everyone knows Boyd did not pitch their #1, #2, or #3, but the Devils still played well. Kudos.

Both teams had 2 errors apiece, I think, but none were deciding factors in the score. Russell pounded out 14 hits and Boyd 11.

Just wanted to say that I was not belittling Russels win. I guess it could have been taken that way. Even though Boyd may not have thrown one of their top three , it is still a very good win for Russell, as Venters is still a pretty good pitcher.

Congrats to the Red Devils on the big win.

Just wanted to say that I was not belittling Russels win. I guess it could have been taken that way. Even though Boyd may not have thrown one of their top three , it is still a very good win for Russell, as Venters is still a pretty good pitcher.

Congrats to the Red Devils on the big win.

I didn't take it that way. I do know that some will say, "Boyd didn't pitch their #1, 2 or 3, so...", so I was just getting that across early.

Boyd seems to be a different team win 1 of our big 3 pitches. They change the whole dynamic of the game. But BC needs to come out ready to play every game, no matter who is pitching. That did not happen against Russell and BC had to pay for it.