Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will Bell's new coach be?

Featured Replies

Who will it be? The 2 names that I have heard the most is Lewis Morris and Rodney Woods. Woods' name is always mentioned, being from Bell Co. and being a great basketball coach. I hope Bell gets a coach that will utilize the talent in the county right. Bell has had some very good talent in the past.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will it be? The 2 names that I have heard the most is Lewis Morris and Rodney Woods. Woods' name is always mentioned, being from Bell Co. and being a great basketball coach. I hope Bell gets a coach that will utilize the talent in the county right. Bell has had some very good talent in the past.

 

 

 

Perhaps, J.D. Strange might be a wise choice.

Perhaps, J.D. Strange might be a wise choice.

Seems to me Bell should give JD a serious look, IMO it would be a good hire...You never know who might follow Coach Strange to Bell....

You do know that JD coached there once before?

I cant imagine JD ever coming back to Bell Co.

Woods has been at Wayne Co. for quite a while, so I dont know how much he wants to move, but that is a definite thought. He has had a couple down years the last few though.

Morris will at least be on staff. I know he wants to be a head coach, but I cant imagine him coming back to Bell Co. like I have heard and not coaching in some capacity.

Whitaker had his ups and downs, but I do hope that whoever comes in makes it almost a year round sport like Whitaker did in the early days of being there.

I cant imagine JD ever coming back to Bell Co.

Woods has been at Wayne Co. for quite a while, so I dont know how much he wants to move, but that is a definite thought. He has had a couple down years the last few though.

Morris will at least be on staff. I know he wants to be a head coach, but I cant imagine him coming back to Bell Co. like I have heard and not coaching in some capacity.

Whitaker had his ups and downs, but I do hope that whoever comes in makes it almost a year round sport like Whitaker did in the early days of being there.

 

Wayne Co. has some very good young talent and should be set to be at the top of their region for the next few years, which might make it difficult for Woods to leave.

 

I have heard a rumor they might be looking at another 13th region coach if he does indeed become available.

Wayne Co. has some very good young talent and should be set to be at the top of their region for the next few years, which might make it difficult for Woods to leave.

 

I have heard a rumor they might be looking at another 13th region coach if he does indeed become available.

I really cant imagine who that would be unless it was Elam or Deaton.

I feel they may be trying to make up for something they missed on in the past if they were to go after Deaton. As the story goes, he was the number 1 guy back in 97 when the job was open, and for whatever reason Bell Co. couldnt guarantee Deaton's wife a job in the school system, so he passed. I have to say as long as the talent was the same, I feel Bell would have won a couple of regionals in the past 10 years.

Bell Co would have to promise a nice position this time around to lure Coach Deaton up on Log Mountain. Some deep pockets would be needed as well. I would say Morris is your guy.

 

I mentioned Coach Strange because I think he is one of the best in the region.

Bell Co would have to promise a nice position this time around to lure Coach Deaton up on Log Mountain. Some deep pockets would be needed as well. I would say Morris is your guy.

 

I mentioned Coach Strange because I think he is one of the best in the region.

I think Morris is the guy too.

Morris is probably the guy. Woods is the man at Wayne. Hilton will always be the man at Bell. Deaton is a possibility but he has some nice young talent at Whitley.

No way Dudley would give Deaton more money than he makes to Coach. Huge humble pill will have to be swallowed for this to happen. Morris wants the job and Dudley likes to stay on top. Where is Eddie Whitaker going?

I really cant imagine who that would be unless it was Elam or Deaton.

I feel they may be trying to make up for something they missed on in the past if they were to go after Deaton. As the story goes, he was the number 1 guy back in 97 when the job was open, and for whatever reason Bell Co. couldnt guarantee Deaton's wife a job in the school system, so he passed. I have to say as long as the talent was the same, I feel Bell would have won a couple of regionals in the past 10 years.

 

A very wise man told me that Log Mountain wasn't big enough for Coach Hilton & Coach Deaton.;)

  • Author

I am not too high on Coach Deaton. I am much higher on Lewis Morris and Rodney Woods. I think it will be 1 of those 2 guys.

From what I hear, Bell is pursuing Deaton pretty heavily.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.