April 3, 200719 yr NINE teams have been to the Final Four MULTIPLE times since UK was last there. I think all most UK fans were looking for was one. So no, UK fans don't have unrealistic expectations, even if they expect a Final Four every 5 years. MSU, UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Maryland, UConn, tOSU, and Florida have all done. Its not too much to expect that UK be in that group.
April 3, 200719 yr Author NINE teams have been to the Final Four MULTIPLE times since UK was last there. I think all most UK fans were looking for was one. So no, UK fans don't have unrealistic expectations, even if they expect a Final Four every 5 years. MSU, UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Maryland, UConn, tOSU, and Florida have all done. Its not too much to expect that UK be in that group. Well said. :thumb:
April 3, 200719 yr I believe a great many UK fans have unrealistic expectations in that they fail to recognize that the SEC — and the total landscape of college hoops — has improved exponentially the last few years; that the conference seems to no longer be UK's whipping boy, and may never again be the way it used to. I think a great many UK fans refuse to accept the fact that they have to share. Perfect post. :thumb:
April 3, 200719 yr UK basketball will be back. And even if it is it will see years like the last two just as often...
April 3, 200719 yr has improved exponentially . Excellent post and an A+ on terminology from the doc.
April 3, 200719 yr Personally I believe that the second you lower the bar and don't pursue being the top dog you lose your edge. You might not get there every year but at a school like UK you had better prepare that way! I honestly wonder for the folks that hate on the UK program and it's fans... Do you think Ohio State doesn't prepare every year to be #1 in football? Notre Dame? USC? Texas? Michigan? Alabama? Basketball Duke? UNC? Golf Tiger? Baseball Yankees? Great traditions expect to win! Once you start saying "well everybody has gotten better so I'll lower the bar" then everybody can be harmonious and be a middle of the pack team!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.