Anna Martin- Lexington Christian

Courtney Clifton- Lexington Christian

MacKenzie Lee- Montgomery County

Mic’a Prince- North Hardin

Emily Drees- Notre Dame

Haley Ratliff- Pike County Central

Kayla Lowe- Pike County Central

Most Valuable Player-- Emily London Lexington Christian

Congrats to all of these fine young ladies. The only question that I have about the list is how Maggie Prewitt of Montgomery Co. was left off.

2007 GIRLS’ SWEET SIXTEEN ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM

Thia Gholson- Assumption

Lauren Huter- Assumption

T J Thomas- Barren County

Adia Mathies- Iroquois

Asia Mathies- Iroquois

Stafonia Taylor- Iroquois

Emily London- Lexington Christian

Anna Martin- Lexington Christian

Courtney Clifton- Lexington Christian

MacKenzie Lee- Montgomery County

Mic’a Prince- North Hardin

Emily Drees- Notre Dame

Haley Ratliff- Pike County Central

Kayla Lowe- Pike County Central

Most Valuable Player-- Emily London Lexington Christian

Congrats to all of these fine young ladies. The only question that I have about the list is how Maggie Prewitt of Montgomery Co. was left off.

How dare you question the all-knowing? Consider yourself warned of the coming firestorm.;) :lol:

And that in itself is a bunch of bull. I get tired of this you only can a certain amount of players on an all tourney team. Maggie Prewitt scored somewhere around 40pts in two games at the tourney and did it against the states best. Nothing against Mic'a Prince or T.J. Thomas but she had a better tourney than both of those girls and they both won one game. Maggie Prewitt got snubbed last year and again this year, I just don't understand. I heard several people at Diddle Arena after the championship game question how she was on the team along with Claire Mitchell from LCA!

That was my point exactly! Coaches shouldn't be given a certain amount of players to nominate. It should be selected by an impartial group of people and they should select the team based on performance in the tourney. Those having more games will no doubt have an advantage for the simple fact they will have more opportunity but it shouldn't be predetermined how many a team could have just based on whether they win or not an all tournament team should be based on those with the best performances. Nothing against the two I mention on the previous post but they didn't have a better performance than Maggie Prewitt. In fact I thought T.J. Thomas was an excellent guard even before the state tournament, one of the best playmakers I've seen in the last two years but her performance didn't out shine that of Maggie Prewitt and they both played just two games in Bowling Green. Don't take my comment as a knock at those two players I just thought that both Maggie Prewitt and Claire Mitchell both had better performances than those two in particular and the question that would've been asked, if you put those two on who would you take off that is all I'm saying. Congrats to all that did make it and it was an honor to have watched them play I just think that they get it wrong all the time selecting all tournament teams because they want to be too politically correct sometimes.

I can't say that Prewitt should have been selected over lee. Both of those girls can really play the game of basketball. I do however feel that Maggie got the snub about like Syracuse got the snub in the NCAA tourney. And for those of you who dont follow college basketball that closely. That means she got snubbed in a huge way. She IMO was a completely different player at diddle this year than I have ever seen her. It was almost like she was playing for something other than the other players on her team were playing for. Maybe it was respect? I dont know but I do feel like she was better than 3 kids on that list but all players up there are good girls.

crimedoc, as mentioned earlier in this post, unfortunately each team only gets a certain amount of players dependent on their finish. If this was selecting the best kids overall, you and give&go would have a claim. Maggie is a heck of a player and she will get hers eventually. I don't think she needs hardware sitting on her shelf to feel she's a good player.

Give&Go, should Pruitt have been picked over Lee? Most coaching staff's have input into these types of votes, so why didn't Pruitt get selected over Lee?

Without a doubt.

MacKenzie did play very well, but not as well as Maggie.

Hey hawgball, thanks for clarifying how the selection process works, I guess I have only chosen all tournament teams a few times in my life! The debate might be; how should the sweet sixteen all tournament team be selected. There is enough qualified people in attendance to select that group of girls.

crimedoc, I think that would be a better argument, but good luck in getting the khsaa to change their ways.

I also wasn't trying to slight your knowledge of all tournament team selection, that was more intended for give&go. unfortunately, we as coaches and players have to operate under the procedures each tournament chooses.

if maggie performs the same way she did this year, she's sure to get plenty of recognition next year. until then, lets give the girls selected the credit they deserve.

I dont know but I do feel like she was better than 3 kids on that list but all players up there are good girls.

I guess that was not giving them enough praise. Super job ladies. Wish there was one more spot available to fill.

:fight: