Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jon VanHoose update

Featured Replies

For all the people calling and asking, here it is

 

Jon had surgery this morning at Cabell in Huntington. Dr. Giagarra did the surgery and said everything was normal. Surgery was only an hour and 45 minutes and he is saying Jon will be 100% in 6 months and should be good to go for Evansville when they start practice in October. I would like to thank all the coaches,fans, players who have remembered Jon in their thoughts and prayers. Pretty humbling when guys like Coach Humphries and Coach Flynn who are not even in the region take the time to send Jon a personal note.

Also to the entire East Carter basketball team who sent a card, that was very classy:thumb: Of course there were a lot of fans from various teams around the region that sent cards and best wishes, and the various posts here on BGP. Jon had a great career in the 16th, and although it ended a little different than what I would have liked, it was a great ride. Going to be hard next year on tuesday and friday nights to find something to do. Jon's new coach at Evansville also called last night , Marty Simmons seems like he will be a great coach for Jon and seems like he will be able to energize the Evansville community around the purple aces. They are already talking about a crowd in excess of 10,000 people for the opening game next year (and thats up there in OJ's range lol). So while Jon gets ready to enter a new chapter of his life, I am sure he will do well and be fine. It remains to be seen how I will handle the change. I guess I will have to figure out where the college posters hang out, and while college may be "bigger and brighter" I'm afraid that the charm of high school basketball is behind me.

Good luck to the boys at Elliot County at Rupp, they play the game the way its supposed to be played- they leave it on the floor. May have to get out next year and watch them battle it out with Rose Hill. A new era is about to begin in the 16th region.

The baton has been passed

God Bless

Good news about Jo... he's in our prayers for a speedy recovery and a successful D-1 career. We wish him the very best. :thumb:

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Hill could use a good color man on the radio broadcasts over the next few seasons. If you run into any, give 'em my number... we already have some good nicknames going on. :thumb:

Glad to hear that things went well!

 

From those of us here in Elliott Coutny "Congratulations on an amazing career!" Although you caused us pain (the 3 to seal the win at SH last fall), and the assignment in general, you're well deserving of all accolades.

 

I really wish that Jon could have competed in the regional tournament this year....even if that meant a change in champions. Nobody should want to win at the expense of someone's health.

 

I think I'll take a drive to Evansville this fall.

 

Proud that he's from the 16th! Go Evansville!

Great news! I know you'll make the 16th proud next fall.

Good to hear everything went well! Best wishes to JONATHON!!

Thanks for giving us the update. So glad to hear that the surgery went well. I will still keep Jon and your family in my prayers as he goes through rehab.

 

shooterx3, enjoy the new college chapters opening in Jon's life....enjoy the ride.:thumb:

That is great news about Vanhoose.

 

 

Good Luck to him at Evansville

It is a great relief and an answer to many prayers to learn that Jonathan has had his surgery and that all looks positive.

Glad to hear the surgery went well! Rehab isn't easy, but I'm sure Jon will be fine with people around him giving the care and encouragement he needs to get through this.

 

Good Luck next fall!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.