June Buchanan 84 Breathitt County 63

If you have attended the last two games you would see that the 12th region officials are not calling like they have all year in the 12th. (you would've had to watch a few games played in the 12th). I've heard from good sources also that there are certain people in Pippa Passas whom have pull with the referees that are selected for the 14th tourney. I'm not going to come out and say that JBS is being helped out, but there definately something going on.

Those grapes your eating must be extremely sour.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have attended the last two games you would see that the 12th region officials are not calling like they have all year in the 12th. (you would've had to watch a few games played in the 12th). I've heard from good sources also that there are certain people in Pippa Passas whom have pull with the referees that are selected for the 14th tourney. I'm not going to come out and say that JBS is being helped out, but there definately something going on.

That's a bold statement. I really hope it is completely false. Kids deserve better.

Nope no sour grapes here. I have absolutely nothing against any team in the 14th and don't care who goes to Rupp. I'd just really like to see the best TEAM make it there on their own. "Let the KIDS play".

And you really feel like there is a better team top to bottom?

Nope no sour grapes here. I have absolutely nothing against any team in the 14th and don't care who goes to Rupp. I'd just really like to see the best TEAM make it there on their own. "Let the KIDS play".

They didn't have to help the Crusaders out tonight---they took it to the Bobcats from the get go--I just hope the Crusaders have some energy left for the Bulldogs---And, as for the referrees---what's new--it happens every year. At least it would be a small school getting the nod!!n If the Crusaders play like they did tonight--the referrees won't have to help them out.

No!

They can.

For exmple calling cheap fouls on star players early in the game will change the outcome significantly.

I dont kno what happened in this game because I didnt watch it but the way 14th region refs protect Clark Stepp and Collins I figured the refs would be talked about after the game.

It wasn't the best called game, but JBS just played great and Breathitt played their worst game of the season. At one time JBS was up by as much as 30+. I think the district loss might have helped the Crusaders quite a bit. I think Stepp had around 25 and Cox was close to 20 as well. The younger Stepp also had around 15 or so and was the real reason why the Crusaders was able to pull away in the first half. Even though they lost, the Bobcats still had a great year. From just winning four games to having the year like they did this year, it says a lot about the coaches and the players.

Congrats to JBS,they came out on fire and the best team WON tonite,Hope they play that well against Hazard, (and it will take it for JBS to beat Hazard,)but i doubt it,Breathitt Bobcats had no answers,hot shooting,Bobcats has had a great season just bad we went out on a blast like we did,we are proud of our TEAM and Coaches,and thats all we can say,what a year makes,4 and 23 and now 24-5 WoW,thats a strong statement,(Banks Should get Coach of The YEAR)and we are so young,we got a good ole butt whooping tonite and we will be back,just ya wait and see......Go Bobcats