Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knox Central coach resigning?

Featured Replies

I think Coach Elam is the perfect fit for the people of Knox County. He is a hometown boy and seems to carry on the fire in his belly. Why would he not want to Coach the Panthers with all the returning talent they have coming back.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elam may be a volitile coach and goes some what crazy at times on the sidelines but there is no reason why he should resign.

 

His freshman lost in the finals of the 13th region tourny to Whitley County, and his JV team is solid. He works hard and gives his all to the program.

 

On top of that he is a pretty decent guy who would give his left arm to a friend.

I agree with Apex......please do not pass out.....lol

The freshman regional was a springboard for both Knox and Whitley. Are all the Colonels returning next year brother Apex?

I thought that Knox Central, along with Clay Co. and Corbin were the teams that have played better than I expected this year.

 

There is a faction against Elam in Knox Co................surely they are not running the show though.

I agree with Apex......please do not pass out.....lol

The freshman regional was a springboard for both Knox and Whitley. Are all the Colonels returning next year brother Apex?

 

 

 

Signs of the end of the World......

 

1. Bubba agrees with Apex........you can look it up in the Nostrodomus books.

 

We may not agree much but everyone certainly gets two view points, which is what makes this place great.

 

 

 

 

I dont know if they are returning, I am not close enough to the program to speak for them.

See Bubba is at the lower end of the totem pole and Apex is at the top. Bubba is not afraid to agree with things when they are true. I will send my investigating team down to the Boulevard of Champion....and see what they can find out, kinda like a Gil Grissom mission type of thing, CSI Whitley County...

  • Author

I think the knowledgable Kentucky high school basketball

fan would look at the whole picture.

I have also heard that his put in a rule in grade school and middleschool that all teams have to play man to man for atleast 1/2 the game or something like that. Sounds like hes trying to get kids to learn how to play defense and understand his system a little bit while they are younger.

Upon further review, I am going to refrain from posting in this thread from here on out since Knox Central is still playing and drawing for the region today, it is probably out line to even be commenting on the situation. Although I do support Coach Elam.

  • Author

Apex, I agree, Whatever his decision I hope that he is

satisfied with it.

Knox should dominate that District, they are a 3A school playing with 1 A schools. They are 0-2 the past two years in a district championship.

Knox should dominate that District, they are a 3A school playing with 1 A schools. They are 0-2 the past two years in a district championship.

They have to be 0-2 they didn't play in it last year and lost on their home floor this year. Putting Coach Strange out a few years ago was a huge mistake IMO, they would have been a real powerhouse by now with him.

This thread makes me sick. This is nothing but rumors and speculation probably started from a disgruntled mommy or daddy who's son couldn't play dead in a bad western. Was is not just a few years ago that Elam's teams won back to back district championships, and was a runner-up in the region?

Coach Elam does nothing but give his heart and soul to the KC program. Oh yeah, HIS TEAM IS STILL PLAYING IN THE REGION TOURNAMENT!!!!

This thread makes me sick. This is nothing but rumors and speculation probably started from a disgruntled mommy or daddy who's son couldn't play dead in a bad western. Was is not just a few years ago that Elam's teams won back to back district championships, and was a runner-up in the region?

Coach Elam does nothing but give his heart and soul to the KC program. Oh yeah, HIS TEAM IS STILL PLAYING IN THE REGION TOURNAMENT!!!!

Coach Elam is an ok coach IMO, needs a better staff helping him out, no doubt he love KC, but he should be in the region, as someone said before he coaches a 3A program that loves basketball againest 3 small (B'ville and P'ville-real small) class A schools. I know he had a region runner-up but Kris Mills, Chaz Bargo and company are long gone.

Roundballfan, since you started this thread, can you offer any substantive proof of a resignation.

 

You've indicated, several times this has been heard by you.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.