Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knox Central coach resigning?

Featured Replies

I have heard several times that coach Elam at Knox Central

is going to resign. Has anyone heard this to be true?

Knox Central needs someone that can build a solid program.

(Freshmen and JV) One game (Barbourville) does not make up

for a loosing season. Bottom line is he didn't get the job done.

Any thoughts?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elam just never got the Jimmy's and Joe's at KC. He is a good coach and knows the game. Your staff plays a big part in your success as well. I dont know who his assistants have been, but I cant say I've heard good stuff.

  • Author

He has had several of his young players already quit the team or transfer

this year and several are not going to return next year.

He has no Freshmen or JV program and his coaching staff has no

coaching experience.

I have always thought Elam has done a good job. To me he always had overacheiving teams. Doesn't he have a really young team? Could that be the reason the JV program isn't much - they all play varsity?

 

I don't a lot about this topic. I just always thought he was a good coach.

Knox Central should have the numbers to be competitive. Why don't their kids play? Lynn camp's leading scorer was at KC last year. Why did he transfer?

Elam just never got the Jimmy's and Joe's at KC. He is a good coach and knows the game. Your staff plays a big part in your success as well. I dont know who his assistants have been, but I cant say I've heard good stuff.

I don't buy that. At a 3A school like KC you have to develop the Jimmys and Joes. I can buy that at Red Bird or Lynn Camp but not at a school the size of Knox Central. As far as county kids going to B'ville. The KC coach has to develop the program to the point that kids want to play for KC.

People have been trying to get Elam fired from the day he was hired. For whatever reason a lot of people do not like him. Hes had more success at Knox Central than the team had the 6 or 7 years before he became coach.

No freshman program?

 

Knox Central finished second in the 13th Region freshman tournament.

No freshman program?

 

Knox Central finished second in the 13th Region freshman tournament.

 

:laugh:

 

I dont understand why Elam is so disliked. The only thing he does that I do not like is I think sometimes he spends too much time worried about the refs.

Other than that he does very well. He just needs a little more talent.

  • Author

The freshman played 5 games, JV played 9 this year.

That is NO freshman or JV program.

What young players quit? The roster looks the same to me from the preseason.

I don't buy that. At a 3A school like KC you have to develop the Jimmys and Joes. I can buy that at Red Bird or Lynn Camp but not at a school the size of Knox Central. As far as county kids going to B'ville. The KC coach has to develop the program to the point that kids want to play for KC.

I'm not saying that the kids arent there in Knox Co. because I'm sure they are. I just dont think the kids necessarily come out and play for him b/c they cant handle him. By that I mean, he is tough in practice from what I understand, and like many kids these days, they cant handle a coach that isnt going to pat their back and tell them everything is going to be ok.

  • Author

Coach Strange lost his job after only one year at KC .

Pineville 66 Knox Central 64 at KC, 51st district championship.

Pineville is a tiny class A school. Doesn't coach Strange

have a really young team to?

It sounds like Roundballfan is creating a controversy. He still hasn't answered what players quit.

 

Elam does a good job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.