Where did Ross Deaton sign?

If he wants to play there would be numerous NAIA schools, DIII, DII, schools he could play for. Not sure that is the route he wants to go.

That's GOOD news! Because if he couldn't get any offers and Ammons and Petrino only had one or so, then it looks nearly impossible to play college football at any level unless you have the height. Do you think that would be the same for Ammons and Petrino, that they could have gone to lots of other D2, NAIA schools?

That's GOOD news! Because if he couldn't get any offers and Ammons and Petrino only had one or so, then it looks nearly impossible to play college football at any level unless you have the height. Do you think that would be the same for Ammons and Petrino, that they could have gone to lots of other D2, NAIA schools?

I mean as a QB

To answer your question, Ross will probably be going to college as a student only. We all know he has the ability to play at the next level as he can throw the ball a country mile and is pretty accurate to boot, he also doesn't care to lower his shoulder and run through a tackler, he can be evasive at times as well. His height is the only thing keeping him from being recruited by schools! Which in my eyes is pretty sad to not give a kid with talent a chance to play because he is shorter than most O-Linemen.

How far exactly is a country mile.. haha

I got to see Deaton play twice, both against Williamsburg and the kid can play football. I think he could play at the next level, he has all the tools needed except the size. He is smart and won't hurt your team in any way. It would be a sad thing if he did not get an opportunity some where.

A teacher friend of mine spoke to Ross on Tuesday at Whitley. He told her he was going to UK and not playing any ball. Apparently he has already secured housing with a few of his buddies going to UK also. No mention of offers from any school though.

That is one of his options right now but he is still trying to figure out exactly what he wants to do as far as where he wants to attend school. Its looking like he will be strictly a student.

I think that his game against Newport Central Catholic was his last football game. He hasn't been working out or making any strives to get ready for college. I say we seen the end of a great quarterback who just wasn't given a chance.

I'm not downing Ross at all but what a lot of athletes don't do is market themselves. Sometime college coaches just recruit in one area, or miss some kids. So you have to write letters and send out stats and tape, to get your name out there.

I'm not downing Ross at all but what a lot of athletes don't do is market themselves. Sometime college coaches just recruit in one area, or miss some kids. So you have to write letters and send out stats and tape, to get your name out there.

Does anyone know if he tried marketing himself, sending coaches letters,sending film,etc.?

I assure you that Ross and Coach Cobb have done their fair share of sending out tape, letters, stats etc.. It just all goes back to his height. When they see his film, they're all interested. Until they find out that he is 5'11.

This is so true LOTS of kids are sold and sell themselfs short because of Height,but hey its whats in the HEAD and Heart that they (Coaches and Colleges)cant measure and talent is what they really wanta see,but they are not many D-1 players in state,and thats the shame of it all,everyone needs to help market our kids and all would benifit from it,But hey its all about being a STUDENT /Athlete,get the education and rest has to be kinda lucky,finding a place to fit in is a scary thing for most kids,but i must say it happens to a FEW and they are blessed......JMO.................