Williamstown 58 Bracken Co. 50

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Williamstown faithful should be careful on putting other teams/fans down because of classless acts. I have seen more than a few of these "acts" when Williamstown has been on the court, by both fans, cheerleaders, coaches and game adminstrators. I try not to let that take away from my perception of Williamstown as a whole.

Congrats to the Demons on the win.

True, however I was only referring to the women who cornered our band director. Bantering went on from both side the entire evening, as it does at most ballgames. At the end of games the losing team's parents are looking for someone to blame usually refs or coaches, but band directors? That's a new one for me.

I was also in attendance last night and to me blaming a pep band for losing a game is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my 9 years with high school basketball.

The band was actually pretty awesome. They played well and I have never seen a band that would sing the rest of the song that they started at a half time when play resumed. Very impressive group of kids I think.

As far as the game goes some would say that the bears have given up since the draw in dropping 3 out of 4 games but two of these were very close and the game last night wasn't a blow out either. The shots just aren't falling for them right now.

The referees were good and I wouldn't blame them for any of those losses either.

The bears have had a great season so far and I hope that they will pull it together for Friday nights game against Calvary Christian to end the regular season on a win. It is definately much deserved at this point and I think the players will be fighting for it.

I too was in attendance last night. I do not recall Mr. Gregg (the band director) hitting any shots to help W'town win though!! Thanks for the positive coments about the pep band. I will pass it along to them. They are a great addition to the atmosphere of the game.

To me, the game was decided by who is supposed to decide games... the teams. W'town made the plays when they needed to and sealed the win by knocking down FT's late. Nice win for Coach Mefford and the boys.