Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

More ESPN firings

Featured Replies

Pat McAfee taking a lot of flack because ESPN is supposed to be getting ready to pay him $100 million. No one bothering to recognize that he’s one of their most popular guys if not the most popular guy currently on ESPN.

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

Pat McAfee taking a lot of flack because ESPN is supposed to be getting ready to pay him $100 million. No one bothering to recognize that he’s one of their most popular guys if not the most popular guy currently on ESPN.

I guess I need to give him another listen but he gets on my nerves.  Most of "ESPN" does when it comes to commentary. 

13 hours ago, theguru said:

I guess I need to give him another listen but he gets on my nerves.  Most of "ESPN" does when it comes to commentary. 

I don’t watch him a lot, or ESPN unless it’s football or college basketball season. But I think McAfee is more appealing to males in their teens to 30’s. 

17 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

ESPN is cutting ties with Ryan Clark, Cam Newton and Karl Ravech (a 33 year ESPN MLB vet) among others in their latest round of firings.

https://www.thebiglead.com/updated-list-espn-nfl-network-layoffs/

Karl Ravech surprised me and I will miss Charles Davis and hope he lands somewhere else on NFL coverage.  Now Ryan Clark, I would turn off anything he was on, couldn't stand him. 

15 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I don’t watch him a lot, or ESPN unless it’s football or college basketball season. But I think McAfee is more appealing to males in their teens to 30’s. 

Same, for coverage of sport events ESPN rocks and the picture quality has been second to none when they go all in on a broadcast.  If I am going to listen to talking heads, which I do all the time, I really like the lineup at FS1. 

14 hours ago, theguru said:

I guess I need to give him another listen but he gets on my nerves.  Most of "ESPN" does when it comes to commentary. 

 

15 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I don’t watch him a lot, or ESPN unless it’s football or college basketball season. But I think McAfee is more appealing to males in their teens to 30’s. 

I'm from an older cloth - give me The Sports Reporters with Dick Schaap, Outside the Lines with Bob Ley, and the 30-for-30; E:60 type programs ESPN used to put out instead of the loudness of Stephen A. and McAfee. That said, you have to cultivate a younger audience if you want to keep making money, so I get why ESPN does it.

9 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I'm from an older cloth - give me The Sports Reporters with Dick Schaap, Outside the Lines with Bob Ley, and the 30-for-30; E:60 type programs ESPN used to put out instead of the loudness of Stephen A. and McAfee. That said, you have to cultivate a younger audience if you want to keep making money, so I get why ESPN does it.

I totally agree, @gchs_uk9!

  • Author

All the articles I've read regarding the recent layoffs all seem to center on MCAfee and Stephen A being the top talent at ESPN and their contracts are of the utmost import for the channel and that wing of Disney.

Personally I don't watch or listen to sports talk on the radio or TV.  If it isn't a live game, I hardly watch ESPN at all.  Usually just the 30 for 30s.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.