Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Juan Byars named Paris head coach

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Shuttlesworth said:

Byars and Madison Southern had nothing to do with the Paris job. I wouldn’t be so fast to say it’s Byars at this point…

I would. 

IMG_0237.jpeg

Congrats Coach Byars!

@ChiefSmoke this is a great story, please tell us the rest of it?

One year, Sweet 16, Steph & I got stuck on an elevator between floors in the Hyatt. I am claustrophobic & flipping out. We are between floors.  I start to pull the doors apart and yell, "someone get me out of here!"

I hear a voice...."Coach?"

It was Juan Byars!

He was a student at Paris when I was there. Wonderful young man. Go Greyhounds!

24 minutes ago, theguru said:

@ChiefSmoke this is a great story, please tell us the rest of it?

One year, Sweet 16, Steph & I got stuck on an elevator between floors in the Hyatt. I am claustrophobic & flipping out. We are between floors.  I start to pull the doors apart and yell, "someone get me out of here!"

I hear a voice...."Coach?"

It was Juan Byars!

He was a student at Paris when I was there. Wonderful young man. Go Greyhounds!

Well... I was losing it. 

Steph was sort of rolling her eyes at how stupid I am. I pull the door apart about a foot. The floor is at the level of my chest.

At that point I can see Juan. But, I knew it was him as soon as I heard his voice. And, it had been at least 10 years since we had been at Paris.

They start talking to me through the phone / intercom and tell me they are coming to help me. If I can get the door open, we can crawl out. I tell them, "All I need is a crow bar. Bring one!" Their response was something to the affect of , "if we give you a crow bar, you are going to tear up the door. We will be there to get you out as soon as we can get someone there." That just made me madder. 

Eventually, someone shows up, and they get us out. I can't remember if they moved the door or if we crawled out. 

As much as I hated it, it did make me feel much better that Juan was there and he was on the outside. I knew he would help us. 

I still hate elevators and don't trust them. 

This is a great hire. Byars is a good man.

Does anyone have a resume of where he has coached in the past?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.