Rank The 14th As Of Now.

1. June Buchanan(20-5)- They did fall to Perry and Hazard, but they also did beat Hazard, and Bell County, and a Pendleton County team who beat the All A state champs Bishop Brossart, they are 8-0 in district play, and 13-2 in the region.

2. Hazard(18-7)- Did beat JBS by 16, and Perry 2 times, they also beat Lafayette and Madison Central.

3. Perry Central(15-7)- Beat JBS, and Hazard, and Pikeville, and Johnson Central.

4. Breathitt County(20-2)- Best record in the region, with probaly one of the weakest schedules, they did beat Hazard at Hazard, and Knott at Knott.

5. Powell County(16-8)- They did beat Hazard, Lee County, Estill County, and Cumberland. They have won 7 in a row, and they are 7-2 in region play.

6. Buckhorn(14-8)- Gave JBS a heck of a game, they did beat Leslie twice, and Knott once.

7. Letcher County Central(12-11)- Gave JBS a game at JBS, beat Knott in double OT. They also have wins against Knott, Lee County and Leslie County.

8. Lee County(13-9)- Wins over Powell County, Knott Central,Buckhorn, Estill County, and a good 13-8 Barbourville.

9. Knott County Central(8-13)- Wins at Leslie, at Cordia, at Powell, and at home against Letcher Central.

10. Leslie County(7-17)- Wins over Perry Central,Pikeville and Owsley County.

Thats just how I see it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. June Buchanan(20-5)- They did fall to Perry and Hazard, but they also did beat Hazard, and Bell County, and a Pendleton County team who beat the All A state champs Bishop Brossart, they are 8-0 in district play, and 13-2 in the region.

2. Hazard(18-7)- Did beat JBS by 16, and Perry 2 times, they also beat Lafayette and Madison Central.

3. Perry Central(15-7)- Beat JBS, and Hazard, and Pikeville, and Johnson Central.

4. Breathitt County(20-2)- Best record in the region, with probaly one of the weakest schedules, they did beat Hazard at Hazard, and Knott at Knott.

5. Powell County(16-8)- They did beat Hazard, Lee County, Estill County, and Cumberland. They have won 7 in a row, and they are 7-2 in region play.

6. Buckhorn(14-8)- Gave JBS a heck of a game, they did beat Leslie twice, and Knott once.

7. Letcher County Central(12-11)- Gave JBS a game at JBS, beat Knott in double OT. They also have wins against Knott, Lee County and Leslie County.

8. Lee County(13-9)- Wins over Powell County, Knott Central,Buckhorn, Estill County, and a good 13-8 Barbourville.

9. Knott County Central(8-13)- Wins at Leslie, at Cordia, at Powell, and at home against Letcher Central.

10. Leslie County(7-17)- Wins over Perry Central,Pikeville and Owsley County.

Thats just how I see it.

Pretty good analysis. My only difference is I would move Lee County up to 5th. I mean, they did defeat Powell, Buckhorn, and LCC during the season.

Pretty good analysis. My only difference is I would move Lee County up to 5th. I mean, they did defeat Powell, Buckhorn, and LCC during the season.

And, LCC beat Breathitt a couple weeks ago, by 12. But, I'd move JB down a few slots. Hard one to figure really.

Here's how its went, and this may be the best way to determine who is the BEST in the region, maybe not. JBS was the Pre-Season favorite in the region by most, others thought it would be Hazard. OK, Hazard beat JBS, JBS has beat Perry Central, who beat Hazard on their home floor by 10, Hazard returned the favor and beat Perry by 10 on their home floor, Leslie who not many thought would make much noise in the region beat PCC who had beat Hazard, who had beaten JBS by 16. Leslie at the beginning of the season was beat by Estill, who also wasnt supposed to make much noise in the region this year. LCC, also beat Breathitt, who surprised alot of people with their young line up. Powell beat Hazard by 10, but has lost to Lee at home, who lost to Hazard by 6. Ok, maybe this won't help you pick the best team in the region, but it definately makes you think about how messed up the 14th is. IMO there is no real favorite. Anybody could beat anybody on any giving night. The region will be wild this year, I know there will be many upsets.

^nice assessment bballer.

The 14th might be one of the weakest regions in the state but it is also the most competitive (within itself) in the state. I would venture to say that you will not find a better regional tournament than the one that will be takin place this season in the 14th. That goes for most seasons.

And then LCC beat a 5 win Owsley County team by 3 in overtime this past Saturday.

Ah, very true. So, was the LCC win over Breathitt a fluke or do you have to figure the Owls have some basketball left to play this year?

Has Cordia, Knott, Letcher, Buckhorn or Lee beat Perry Central ?

I don't think they have. I think it might look something like this:

1 PCC

2 Powell

3 Hazard

4 June Buchanan

5 Breathitt

6 LCC

7 Buckhorn

8 Lee

9 Jackson, Knott, Cordia, etc.

I can kind of make an argument for all but Powell and it's more of a huch with them.

1.June Buchanan-When there hitting their is noone that can contain them.

2.Powell County-With romans in the middle they are hard to stop he is without a doubt the best big man in the region.

3.Hazard-Was playing well til the game at Powell but still with Hicks and Campbell you can never count them out of a game.

4.Perry Central- Tyler Bailey is an excellent player and is a very hard matchup for many teams. After beating June Buchanan at Alice Lloyd you have to put them here at number 4.

5.Breathitt County- One of the best freshman classes in recent years and with Smith down low they are hard to stop. If they can win tonight against June Buchanan I think you have to move them up to number 3.

6.Buckhorn- Have lost some good games of late but still with Gay and Blank are a very good team.

7. Lee County- Didnt play very well against Breathitt and have been strugling as of late. IMO the biggest dissapointment in the region but still with a lot of experience they have to be here @ number 7.

8.Letcher County Central- With wins over Breathitt, Cordia they have to be considered as a good team but have a loss to Jenkins and close games against Knott and Owsley very inconsistent but still a good team.

9.Jackson City- have lost six games by a total of 15 points.They have been playing well as of late and if Lusk can continue his great play they will be hard to beat in late Febuary.

10. Cordia, Estill, Knott all three of these teams can beat anyone on any given night but have struggled here as the season is winding down.

The region is wide open again with more teams this year able to win than last year. Should be a very exciting post season idk about you all but i cant wait.

Ah, very true. So, was the LCC win over Breathitt a fluke or do you have to figure the Owls have some basketball left to play this year?[/quote}

I certainly hope the Owls have something left in the tank. They've had their struggles so far. Hopefully they're saving their best for the last of the season. They have two games left before the district tourney: at Knott Central on the 20th, and at home for senior night against Breathitt County on the 23rd.

Maybe they can get it turned around and win when it really counts...in the post season. And the district is hosted by the Owls this year, so maybe they will surprise everyone in the friendly confines of their home gym.

Ah, very true. So, was the LCC win over Breathitt a fluke or do you have to figure the Owls have some basketball left to play this year?[/quote}

I certainly hope the Owls have something left in the tank. They've had their struggles so far. Hopefully they're saving their best for the last of the season. They have two games left before the district tourney: at Knott Central on the 20th, and at home for senior night against Breathitt County on the 23rd.

Maybe they can get it turned around and win when it really counts...in the post season. And the district is hosted by the Owls this year, so maybe they will surprise everyone in the friendly confines of their home gym.

Well, I'll say this. Senior night in Booneville... anything can happen. Breathitt went in over there with a steller record and strong team a couple of years ago and despite about a 50 point effort by our point guard, walked away with a loss because of Neeley and Gross! Great game and good sportsmanship all the way around.

1. PCC Hottest team in the 14th right now.

2. Breathitt Weak schedule or not 20-2 record.

3. JBS On and off, seems like a team in turmoil.

4. Powell County Will go as far as Romans can pack them.

5. Hazard My opinion the Bulldogs have peaked out.

6. Buckhorn Very dangerous, must beat out PCC in the district.

7. Lee County Very Streaky

8. LCC Up and down team can win on any night

9. KCC

10. Jackson City Plays well, just needs to finish games.