Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breathitt County 51 Lee County 43

Featured Replies

Looks like Breathitt got another quality win by defeating a good Lee County team.

 

Breathitt in my opinion is the suprise team of the 14th and Lee County is one of my biggest disapointments. During the Pre Season I thought Lee County would be one of the top 3 teams in the region.

Was this at Breathitt?

The game was at Breathitt.....

 

Lee County missed at least 10 high percentage shots in the paint, Breathitt made several treys including a couple of big ones by sr. Brandon Hays. The game was close until midway thru the 4th when Lee's shots just wouldn't fall.

 

The JV game was a good one with Lee's Aaron Charles hitting a 3 pointer at the buzzer to win 43-40.

Quality win for Breathitt.

Again Lee struggles away from home. They don't have an answer on the inside to go to when they struggle with the 3. They are a sub par team when you get them out of Beattyville. Nice win for the Bobcats, but still not playing as a team like they were at the beginning of this year. They have JBS and Perry Central coming up, will be a good measuring stick for them.

Breathitt again shows that they are one of the top teams if not the top team in the region, after beating tough teams like Hazard, Buckhorn, and now Lee. Like Lee, Breathitt also has jbs in their next games and we'll see just how good this Breathitt team can be.

I was very disappointed in Breathitt's Coach. Here they have a awesome player #32 who seldom played. It seemed to me as soon as he warmed up on the floor he was taken out. Then everyone is wondering why the Bobcats has been so weak in the last couple of games. Coach Banks better wake up and smell the coffee. The freshmen #12 made all kinds of mistakes and stayed in the game along with the Hollan kid. I believe he missed more shots than he made. Looks like Combs, Smith and Allen are getting the shaft. Bobcats will go know where if things don't change. JMO

In my opinion the allen and combs kids are getting the shaft in this whole deal at Breathitt. Combs is a junior at breathitt that gets minumal playing do to the fact that breathitt is trying to build up there freshmen and play for years to come. If I not mistaken this was the team that won the state middle school tournament, not the freshmen they have this year. Another fact that I have found out if that one of the assistant coaches at breathitt is the uncle of Nick Noble who I think was playing good at the beginning of this year but has been a big let down as of late. Breathitt has to much talent to let it go to waste by playing favorites and kin. My starting line up would be fugate, combs, hollan, smith, and hayes. But what do I know Im not the coach but maybe I'll start coaching elematary school basketball then get the job at breathitt and coach the way I want to.

 

P.S Coach Banks if u want to win I would let your big man smith get more than 3 shots in a game.:thumb:

This seems to be a problem at alot of places. But just because there may be better players on the bench, you can't make the coach play them. When the community, along with the district, or even region feel that a player is getting done wrong then there is a serious problem. Building a program is one thing, but winning is another. Playing a freshmen over a Jr. or Sr. just to build a program is rediculous. I don't understand coaches mentalities sometimes in these cases. Why not put the absolute best team on the floor night in, night out?

I think the Ritchie kid is the one who is getting shafted. Did anyone see how he played in the H.I.T.?

In my opinion the allen and combs kids are getting the shaft in this whole deal at Breathitt. Combs is a junior at breathitt that gets minumal playing do to the fact that breathitt is trying to build up there freshmen and play for years to come. If I not mistaken this was the team that won the state middle school tournament, not the freshmen they have this year. Another fact that I have found out if that one of the assistant coaches at breathitt is the uncle of Nick Noble who I think was playing good at the beginning of this year but has been a big let down as of late. Breathitt has to much talent to let it go to waste by playing favorites and kin. My starting line up would be fugate, combs, hollan, smith, and hayes. But what do I know Im not the coach but maybe I'll start coaching elematary school basketball then get the job at breathitt and coach the way I want to.

 

P.S Coach Banks if u want to win I would let your big man smith get more than 3 shots in a game.:thumb:

They are 20-2! How many more games could they have won?

We should just take a poll to determine who starts.

 

Parents are dangerous. Some of them would rather lose as long as their boy get his minutes and/or shots.

This seems to be a problem at alot of places. But just because there may be better players on the bench, you can't make the coach play them. When the community, along with the district, or even region feel that a player is getting done wrong then there is a serious problem. Building a program is one thing, but winning is another. Playing a freshmen over a Jr. or Sr. just to build a program is rediculous. I don't understand coaches mentalities sometimes in these cases. Why not put the absolute best team on the floor night in, night out?

 

 

Ninety percent of the community has no clue.

In my opinion the allen and combs kids are getting the shaft in this whole deal at Breathitt. Combs is a junior at breathitt that gets minumal playing do to the fact that breathitt is trying to build up there freshmen and play for years to come. If I not mistaken this was the team that won the state middle school tournament, not the freshmen they have this year. Another fact that I have found out if that one of the assistant coaches at breathitt is the uncle of Nick Noble who I think was playing good at the beginning of this year but has been a big let down as of late. Breathitt has to much talent to let it go to waste by playing favorites and kin. My starting line up would be fugate, combs, hollan, smith, and hayes. But what do I know Im not the coach but maybe I'll start coaching elematary school basketball then get the job at breathitt and coach the way I want to.

 

P.S Coach Banks if u want to win I would let your big man smith get more than 3 shots in a game.:thumb:

 

Nick's uncle's son is on the team and he don't get to play. I think if they was only playing favorites and kin then don't you think his son would be playing.

I was very disappointed in Breathitt's Coach. Here they have a awesome player #32 who seldom played. It seemed to me as soon as he warmed up on the floor he was taken out. Then everyone is wondering why the Bobcats has been so weak in the last couple of games. Coach Banks better wake up and smell the coffee. The freshmen #12 made all kinds of mistakes and stayed in the game along with the Hollan kid. I believe he missed more shots than he made. Looks like Combs, Smith and Allen are getting the shaft. Bobcats will go know where if things don't change. JMO

Didn't Breathitt win these last two games. I think they won at Knott and at home against a good Lee Co. team Sounds like two good wins to me.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.