Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 14 Bourbon County 7

Colonels vs. Red Devils 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick a side...

    • Bourbon County
      60%
    • Russell
      39%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/15/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

? Bourbon County (9-1)
vs.
? Russell (9-2)

? Bourbon Barrels Into A Date With The Devils

A year after slogging through a 1-10 season, the Colonels are just a win away from flipping that record. 

A two point loss to Lloyd Memorial is all that separates Bourbon from perfection. 

Their meteoric trajectory passes through Red Devil Hill, where the temperature has a way of defying the changing weather elsewhere. Lloyd Memorial found the confines of Henry R. Evans Stadium unseasonably warm around this time last year.

The night's great mystery may be which version of Russell shows up to defend the home turf…. the one that outscored the opposition 341-50 in its nine wins, or the timid squad that got run over in its two losses?

Defense may tell the story of how this one unfolds in a matchup of the #4 (?) and #5 (?) scoring defenses in 3A.

I think this will be a really good matchup with two very balanced teams. I have seen BC play in person and very little film on Russell. This could come down to who has the ball last in this game with giving Russell the edge due to, I think having a better pass defense. Don't get me wrong! BC is no joke and has no quit in their hearts. I'm not sure if the Juggs want to see them again or not. At this point you have to beat them all. I personally would like to see a different team come to Erlanger. Best of luck to both teams. 28-21 Russell wins. 

Russell looks like the beneficiary of a weak schedule.  Bourbon should roll.

This game starts at 7:30 pm. Common opponent Russell 48 Carroll County 0 and Bourbon County 50 Carroll County 9

 

This should be a close game.

The more I look into these matchups I’m starting to think Bourbon County is going to win this football game. I know I picked Russell on an earlier thread. After East Carter got beat by Henry County. I think Russell had a real easy schedule compared to what Bourbon has played. If Bourbon County wins I believe they will probably go back to Lloyd third round.

For what it's worth Massey ratings picks Russell 28-14.

2 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

For what it's worth Massey ratings picks Russell 28-14.

I did see that. 

3 hours ago, DRKARK said:

The more I look into these matchups I’m starting to think Bourbon County is going to win this football game. I know I picked Russell on an earlier thread. After East Carter got beat by Henry County. I think Russell had a real easy schedule compared to what Bourbon has played. If Bourbon County wins I believe they will probably go back to Lloyd third round.

I have seen both on film. Russell might have actually had the harder schedule. I am not going to start the Cupcake Bowl stuff though. Both are solid teams.There is not a big gap between the two. They both like to do similar things and find a way to make something work for them. Stingy defenses that find ways to get timely stops and their hands on the ball.

If Russell gets up on Bourbon, they better milk that clock for all it's worth. Two teams that have put up alot of points. Both teams like to strike but one is going to need to control the pace of the game. Russell is probably best designed to do that.

2 good seasoned QB's that dictate the game for their team in many different ways. Their fun to watch opereate. 

I think Bourbon wins and then heads to Erlanger looking to get their get back in blood. The difference for me in this one is Tyquan Rice. The guy knows how to pull the right strings, at the right time and it seems like he knows his team like the back of his hand. That's not a knock on Coach Tj Maynard, his Red Devils are always prepared and ready for a game.

 

 

Bourbon-27 (7,6,6,8)

Russell-21

 

11 minutes ago, Honey Badger said:

I have seen both on film. Russell might have actually had the harder schedule. I am not going to start the Cupcake Bowl stuff though. Both are solid teams.There is not a big gap between the two. They both like to do similar things and find a way to make something work for them. Stingy defenses that find ways to get timely stops and their hands on the ball.

If Russell gets up on Bourbon, they better milk that clock for all it's worth. Two teams that have put up alot of points. Both teams like to strike but one is going to need to control the pace of the game. Russell is probably best designed to do that.

2 good seasoned QB's that dictate the game for their team in many different ways. Their fun to watch opereate. 

I think Bourbon wins and then heads to Erlanger looking to get their get back in blood. The difference for me in this one is Tyquan Rice. The guy knows how to pull the right strings, at the right time and it seems like he knows his team like the back of his hand. That's not a knock on Coach Tj Maynard, his Red Devils are always prepared and ready for a game.

 

 

Bourbon-27 (7,6,6,8)

Russell-21

 

Both teams have very balanced offenses. Almost equally. Both teams show that they can get to the quarterback as well with Bourbon having 15 sacks on the year and Russell having 17. Should be a very interesting game.

5 hours ago, DRKARK said:

Both teams have very balanced offenses. Almost equally. Both teams show that they can get to the quarterback as well with Bourbon having 15 sacks on the year and Russell having 17. Should be a very interesting game.

The Juggs O line better be tightening up is what I'm hearing.

7 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

The Juggs O line better be tightening up is what I'm hearing.

Well, at this point, it is sink or swim. So the offensive line and the defensive line better be tight. If not, you’re going home for the rest of the season.

Russell 28 Bourbon County 21

Not going to the game but just drove by the stadium to feel the vibe. It’s all Russell tonight. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.