Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Giants hire Tennessee Coach

Featured Replies

Probably the biggest "Rock Star" or personality in college baseball going to the Bigs.

 

  • Author

I wish nothing but the worst, as the Giants are on my always root against short list. ? 

They keep making a big deal about him not having any pro experience, but I think that's overstated. 

It's easier to coach in the pros than in college.

  • Author
On 10/22/2025 at 5:43 PM, TheDeuce said:

They keep making a big deal about him not having any pro experience, but I think that's overstated. 

It's easier to coach in the pros than in college.

I think the biggest difference is in college the manager has a lot more power to say my way or the highway, in MLB the power is definitely with the players.

I agree that overall it's easier to be an MLB Manager as the entire operation doesn’t fall on your shoulders the way it does in college. 

FWIW base pay is going be just slightly more than at UT. $3.5M at SF while he made $3M (plus incentives) at Tennessee.

On 10/28/2025 at 4:07 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

I think the biggest difference is in college the manager has a lot more power to say my way or the highway, in MLB the power is definitely with the players.

I agree that overall it's easier to be an MLB Manager as the entire operation doesn’t fall on your shoulders the way it does in college. 

FWIW base pay is going be just slightly more than at UT. $3.5M at SF while he made $3M (plus incentives) at Tennessee.

No state income tax in Tennessee correct? I imagine lifestyle in San Francisco will be a little different than Knoxville. Lot more games to manage, MLBPA will make NIL and the portal look silly.

I think it is fascinating that there has never been a college manager brought up like this. 

Just now, bugatti said:

I think it is fascinating that there has never been a college manager brought up like this. 

Good ole boys club. 

  • Author
3 hours ago, 9068 said:

No state income tax in Tennessee correct? I imagine lifestyle in San Francisco will be a little different than Knoxville. Lot more games to manage, MLBPA will make NIL and the portal look silly.

At least in MLB players can't hold you hostage yearly and enter the portal. If you like a player you sign him to a multi-year deal and it's done. While a college coach does coach less games between fall ball and recruiting its nearly a year round job. However MLBPA issues fall to the GM much more than on the manager. 

You are correct about the taxes and difference in living in SF and Knoxville. 

As far as pay goes he was at the very top of the college scale, he still has a lot of room to go up in the majors. Pay wise the MLB pay has way more room to grow.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.