Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Post Players in the 10th Region

Featured Replies

From the games that I have seen with Carmack from Deming, I think she plays out on the floor way too much, I think she would be more effective down low.

She will go outside. I think that was by design, although I agree she should be in the post more.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsch has become quite the powerhouse in the middle for PC. She leads this team not only in scoring but as a true leader. She has to be the best "team" player we have seen in a long time, always talking her teammates up and gives 110 at all times. Keep it up Nat!!!

;)

Got to agree with this 100%. I would put her #2 in the region ONLY behind Danis from Montgomery County. She has been doing it since her 8th grade year.

Alot of times Carmack will go outside, if Deming has the lead already.

Alot of times Carmack will go outside, if Deming has the lead already.

Against us she started the game out there and knocked down a few.

I have watched her play a few games this season and she has knocked down some threes in all the games Ive watched... I dont know if I consider her a true post player or not, but she is a very good player!

Against us she started the game out there and knocked down a few.

Again sometimes it's by design that she'll step out and shoot.

There was a thread last year about Carmack should be more of a inside player then shooting the outside shot. Someone implicated it was the younger coach at that time telling her to do the outside shot and a comment was made about him, let's watch what we say here cause believe or not Coach Doyle reads BGP.

I just said I dont think she is a true post player meaning she can be just as effective out on the floor!

Give me Molly Norton, averages a double-double, he can play inside and out, and is a solid defender as well...

HE???? I know what you mean J...

And I will agree with you.. Its been a pleasure watching Molly grow from then until now... Very good player!!!

I just said I dont think she is a true post player meaning she can be just as effective out on the floor!

It wasn't you I was referring to.

I will be honest, Carmack had a great game against us. Remember she is only around 5-9. I believe she plays out on the perimeter, out of necessity. ALOT of teams double and triple team her on the blocks. Most teams, including us, played her one on one on the perimeter. She is a good shot form 15-17ft. She has a quick release. As a coach, I would live with her taking 15 ft jump shots if it opened up lanes for her to drive to the basket. She plays extremely well on the blocks, but alot of times hse is very undersized doqn there. And I know all about being undersized on the block(my tallest starter is 5-5).

Again sometimes it's by design that she'll step out and shoot.

With her ability to knock down that shot, I would design it too. Also, usually the other teams best post player and probably best rebounder is guarding her and it takes them away from the basket and opens up offensive rebound opportunities for her teammates.

I will be honest, Carmack had a great game against us. Remember she is only around 5-9. I believe she plays out on the perimeter, out of necessity. ALOT of teams double and triple team her on the blocks. Most teams, including us, played her one on one on the perimeter. She is a good shot form 15-17ft. She has a quick release. As a coach, I would live with her taking 15 ft jump shots if it opened up lanes for her to drive to the basket. She plays extremely well on the blocks, but alot of times hse is very undersized doqn there. And I know all about being undersized on the block(my tallest starter is 5-5).

:thumb:

Give me Molly Norton, averages a double-double, he can play inside and out, and is a solid defender as well...

 

 

She needs to get more respect. She's one of the top five players in the region. IMO

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.