Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 5 Covington Catholic 4 (9th Region Semifinal)

Featured Replies

Ryle “With a spirit that will not die”. 

1 hour ago, kyag said:

Ryle “With a spirit that will not die”. 

I see what you did there.  Clever.

4 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

Again, I get the frustration. And yes, they've had some talent. But in all of those years, the only year I think he had the most talent and lost was Luke Maile's senior year. In all those other years, there have been more talented teams in the region. I'm guessing you're talking about Kevin Gray as the other coach, but he's had some very talented teams at Beechwood, none of which I'd say have over achieved. I agree he's a very good coach, but he just got beat in the region tourney by a team that was 8 games under .500 for the year. Highlands and Beechwood have owned the 9th region for most of the last decade and that's not because Krumps can't coach anymore.

If I may join in here, IMO this year’s Beechwood team overachieved with that district title over a clearly more talented CCH team. 

That said, baseball is the most unpredictable sport as Beechwood's loss in the regional shows. One pitcher with a very good night is all it takes for an upset in baseball. That makes Beechwood's 5 year regional run even more impressive for me.

One more comment. I think coaching to small ball lends itself to upsets. Analytics have shown it isn't very often a good idea to give up outs.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.