George Rogers Clark vs. Sacred Heart Updates (KHSAA Girls' Sweet 16®)

This is premier matchup of the first round and I think many would say this could be the championship game being played on Thursday evening. I'm sure Cooper and Pikeville might disagree in I feel the loaded bottom half of the bracket. GRC comes into the game at (30-4) RPI .68358 take on the juggerknot that is Sacred Heart (27-7) RPI .65057. The Valkyries have 7 loses but have yet to lose to a Kentucky opponent this season and have not lost to a KY team since Feb. of 2022. They will be going for the 4th consecutive state title. The Lady Cardinals are a very good team but I just don't see anyone beating the Valkyries unless they have an off night. These two teams played around a month ago on a neutral court and Sacred Heart won by 12 at 61-49.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

It is time to see how the national schedule has prepared SHA for the Sweet 16®.

I would say with the talent they have quite well. Coach Graham at GRC does a great job.....does he have enough horses to knock off SHA?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

It is time to see how the national schedule has prepared SHA for the Sweet 16®.

Yea I was amazed checking earlier this morning that they have not lost to an instate opponent since Feb. 2022. They are the Trinity of girls basketball. I watched them play Frederick Douglass girls last month. I think they will have to have an off night for someone to defeat them. Hey that is why they play the games.

• Like 2

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

GRC off to a great start and lead Sacred Heart 13-9 at the first quarter media timeout.

Thanks you are definitely ahead of my broadcast which still shows 7-5.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Thanks you are definitely ahead of my broadcast which still shows 7-5.

Yes the NFHS Network is about 5 minutes real time behind. I have it on mute to watch but am getting the live play-by-play off the live stats from the KHSAA.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Yes the NFHS Network is about 5 minutes real time behind. I have it on mute to watch but am getting the live play-by-play off the live stats from the KHSAA.

Right, same as always..

16 minutes ago, 9068 said:

I would say with the talent they have quite well. Coach Graham at GRC does a great job.....does he have enough horses to knock off SHA?

GRC looks very impressive so far.  Both these teams can play.

• theguru changed the title to George Rogers Clark vs. Sacred Heart Updates (KHSAA Girls' Sweet 16®)
  • theguru locked this topic