Boyd County vs Ashland predictions III

Tiny

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"T-Cats by 10.. We're playing 16th region teams now."

Keep that attitude, please. There are some 16th Region teams that might be able to compete with the mighty Tomcats.

No doubt there is. But I've had that attitude since I was old enought to spell attitude. To be the best, you gotta beat the best. :thumb:

Gee what region has Ashland been in the past four years?I mean surely playing against only 16th region teams in the tournament means youve won at least one regional title during that time.

Just so you know.. We've been there longer than 4 years. We've won more than one regional title too, if that really matters to you.

Just so you know.. We've been there longer than 4 years. We've won more than one regional title too, if that really matters to you.

I am well aware of the history of Ashland basketball. And yes it does matter to me.It(Ashland Basketball history) is hammered into the head of every soul who cares to read BGP.I also feel that this year Ashland is one of three heavy(Elliott and Russell being the other two) favorites for the regional crown.I know several of the Ashland players who unlike many Tomcat fans are far from dismissive in regards to the rest of the region.This doesn't change the fact that Ashland hasn't won a regional title in four years and that their final 2 games of last year resulted in losses to class A schools-Fairview and Elliott County.

As far as the subject of this thread is concerned I am going with Ashland by twelve 62-50.

I am well aware of the history of Ashland basketball. And yes it does matter to me.It(Ashland Basketball history) is hammered into the head of every soul who cares to read BGP.I also feel that this year Ashland is one of three heavy(Elliott and Russell being the other two) favorites for the regional crown.I know several of the Ashland players who unlike many Tomcat fans are far from dismissive in regards to the rest of the region.This doesn't change the fact that Ashland hasn't won a regional title in four years and that their final 2 games of last year resulted in losses to class A schools-Fairview and Elliott County.

As far as the subject of this thread is concerned I am going with Ashland by twelve 62-50.

Glad to hear you could bring yourself to comment on the thread, rather than just Ashland.. :thumb:

Ashland will win by 5-10 points. I guess us little guys get tired of reading how Ashland dominates the 16th. They are always strong, but any current, unbiased basketball person can see the domination no longer exists and there are a few of the other little schools that can play with the Tomcats. All of those wins are indicative of a historically great program, but they do not mean much at gametime now.