Powell Co. 85 Estill Co. 70

Big win for Powell last night. New starting lineup of Skidmore at point, Kinser, Sebey, Banks, and Martin worked well. Good bench play as well. Banks was a work horse underneath as well as Romans who had 24 pts. Banks had 18pts, and Skidmore 15 pts. In defense of Estill, Berryman had a horrible shooting night. If Powell continues to play with this intensity, they can make some noise in the region.

Big win for Powell last night. New starting lineup of Skidmore at point, Kinser, Sebey, Banks, and Martin worked well. Good bench play as well. Banks was a work horse underneath as well as Romans who had 24 pts. Banks had 18pts, and Skidmore 15 pts. In defense of Estill, Berryman had a horrible shooting night. If Powell continues to play with this intensity, they can make some noise in the region.

I agree..Lively is a very good coach and will have the Pirates ready come post season. Great win Pirates.:thumb:

Great win and they just flat wore Estill out. Their tongues were dragging midway thru the third. Estill shot the ball horribly but there young guard and big man is coming right along and will make good players in the years to come for Estill. Berryman just couldn't find his stroke but he is still one of the top players in the 14th. Christopher was smooth and clutch at the free throw line but Powell had to many bodies to throw at Estill. Will be an exciting District Tourney! Lively done an excellent job preparing for this one.

I agree, if berryman or christopher would hit powell pushed the ball and answered. Romans was to much for estill to handle down low, and the 2-2-1 press got estill a little shaken. Powell went with a quicker lineup and I believe they look much better than they have in the past. Powell is well conditioned and it showed against estill last night. Great win for the pirates.

Great win for the Pirates. I agree, Romans was just too much for Estill in the middle and ruled the paint. Banks had a great game and Powell almost doubled Estill in rebounding. Berryman and Christopher hit some pretty good shots, but it wasnt enough to stop Powell from running the ball up the floor. Powell's bench contributed tremendously and if the bench keeps it up Powell has a great chance to take the 56th. Good Luck Pirates, Great win!:ylsuper: :thumb:

Hope the Pirates can Make Owsley walk the plank:walk:

Many people from estill county are concerned about being able to get in the gym for a Powell Estill game at Owlsey Co. Can't see how in the world that gym will hold them.

It's always a struggle. I've been there and done that!! All I can say is if you want a good parking place and a seat, you'd better get there early. The gym seats about 1200....and that's packing them in there. In the '99 championship game between Owsley and Wolfe you couldn't have wedged another person in the Palace with a shoe horn.