Highlands vs. Newport Central Catholic Updates/Predictions (36th District Semi-Finals)

It is game day for the Bluebirds and the Thoroughbreds as they do battle with a trip to NKU's Truist Arena on the line. Tip off is at 7:30 at Newport High School. If you can't make it, I'll be live broadcasting the game on bluebirdsradio.com. 

Won't be an easy one for Highlands. I wasn't there for the first matchup but I remember hearing Newport Catholic being up double digits to start the 4th. Colopy was on Fire for the first matchup. It only takes one kid or two to get hot and it gets very interesting. Newport Catholic will be playing loose for sure. Highlands better be able to get shots to go down early and often. I still think the Birds pull this one out but wouldn't be surprised with a Newport Catholic win. It's been that kind of season for Highlands. Who shows up when the Lights come on?

Foul on the half court heave, Highlands only makes 1 of 3 free throws to end the half

After NewCath leads most of the second quarter Highlands converts a WIDE open 3. (Attached)

Highlands 35

NewCath 31 

Halftime

IMG_8399.jpeg

• Thanks 1