Highlands 58 Conner 57 OT

Highlands finally finds a way to win a close game. Teddy Connley hits a 3 at the end of regulation to send the game into overtime and then the Birds are clutch at the line to come out on top. Perhaps the best thing that could happen to this team was learning to play without McGraw and Simpson. Drew Simons has stepped up his game as has Michael Eaton. When Nic Simpson gets back, this team could sneak up on some teams late in the season.

Hurray For Willie and the Birds!!!

Needed That One!

Agreed!! With all they've had go wrong for them this year, they really did need this one. Great job by Willie and the kids by not giving up and mailing in the rest of the year!! Good luck the rest of the way!!

Congrats to the Birds.:banana: Wasn't at the game but from what I heard, due to the loss of Simpson and McGraw, it sounds as if Willy is forced to use more of the bench. Heard that Hurtt and Bastin started and played well. Two guys we haven't seen much but are both exceptional athletes.

My son loves to watch Teddy play when he is on the floor and came home to tell me about the Big 3 he nailed to send it to overtime. Congrats to the Birds for the big home victory over a solid Conner team. Glad to see Simons is stepping up and helping lead the team. Eaton is a solid player as well. 10 kids got in the scoring column. I still think they can be a spoiler if they can get to the Regional tourney which they should with their weak district.

Congrats to the Birds! Keep working hard and get ready for the "second season"!! How was the JV game? Was the attendance by students good? Team would greatly benefit from an infusion of "Bluebird Pride" by the student body!