PA Announcers NKY

It's been a while since this has been posted. Who are some of the better PA announcers around NKY? This includes 8th, 9th, and 10th Regions. Anyone that is new that people maybe haven't heard before? This always ends up being an interesting topic!  

I think there is a fine line between too much humor and way to dry…..  there can be a happy middle ground, but too much humor comes across just plain annoying, especially from visiting fans.

if I had to pick I would just go with the vanilla bland PA.  But if you can find that middle ground it could be a nice change of pace.

At the end of the day though these people are doing a job probably not getting paid so kudos to them for supporting High School athletics at their school. Who am I to judge! 

So I will just end this by saying “Thank You”!

• Like 1

I love that CCH has a student w their announcer. Jackson Gronotte has done great and I enjoy listening to him greatly. He’s gotten a lot more comfortable behind the mic over the years.

Hoping he’ll do some baseball games as I know they had some students do that last year. 

9 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I love that CCH has a student w their announcer. Jackson Gronotte has done great and I enjoy listening to him greatly. He’s gotten a lot more comfortable behind the mic over the years.

Hoping he’ll do some baseball games as I know they had some students do that last year. 

Does Jackson do the PA for any of the games, though? I know he's one of the guys on the Colonel Athletic Network broadcasts, but I thought Al Hertsenberg handled all of the PA duties at Cov Cath.

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I think there is a fine line between too much humor and way to dry…..  there can be a happy middle ground, but too much humor comes across just plain annoying, especially from visiting fans.

if I had to pick I would just go with the vanilla bland PA.  But if you can find that middle ground it could be a nice change of pace.

At the end of the day though these people are doing a job probably not getting paid so kudos to them for supporting High School athletics at their school. Who am I to judge! 

So I will just end this by saying “Thank You”!

And I will say thank you for the thanks, this is my 21st year to do pa, seems easy and it might be,but good luck getting someone to fill in for you, it's like officiating, looks easy until you do it. I appreciate what Covington Catholic and Ryle do, they hand you à roster with the names spelled the way they sound, I always go to opposing teams score keeper to get the names correct,  I have heard from the stands more than once, it's,  that's not how you say it, so kudos to my follow pa m'en and women.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Does Jackson do the PA for any of the games, though? I know he's one of the guys on the Colonel Athletic Network broadcasts, but I thought Al Hertsenberg handled all of the PA duties at Cov Cath.

No I meant the online, sorry. Not official PA but love they let him do the online. 
Yes, Herts is the main dude there. 
I just love that they offer the Colonel Athletic Network for those that can’t make games. 

• Like 1