Packers 48 Cowboys 32 (NFC Super Wild Card)

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

Dak is taking a lot of the criticism and rightfully so, but what happened to the defense?  This was really supposedly the strength of this team and Green Bay did whatever they wanted.  

Part of the issue I think for this defense as to why statistically they were so dominate regular season was offense gets the lead, they are a risky defense that can create turnovers especially against bad teams who are needing to throw because they are behind.  

Green Bay electing to receive instead of deferring spoke volumes......get the lead so we are not forced into situations that allow the Dallas defense to take chances.

But after that analysis I want to just say I watch the Cowboys simply to root against them and have since I can remember rooting against Danny White and Tony Dorsett. 

What I kept hearing on Monday morning was that the Boys played six DBs on 48 of Green Bay's 54 offensive plays; in essence, using miniature linebackers.  No wonder GB was able to run the ball so successfully.  It was even theorized that Dan Quinn has so much cachet with Jerry that McCarthy doesn't have the authority to override a terrible defensive game plan.  Take that for what it's worth - we all know that the guys on these sports shows often say stuff to generate internet hits.

• Like 3