Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

High School's that have 2 or more middle schools

Featured Replies

Greenup county has 2 middle schools that feed the high school programs. Is this a plus or does it cause conflict at the high school level?? Should they play each other???? :argue: and :fight:

School consolidation has killed both academics and athletics. The best feeder program for sports is to have in-house rivalry. This is just a theory, but I watched this for years now and it seems to be trend...if there is just one middle school, why would an athlete in any sport continue to really put forth the effort and work really hard (I know there are those kids that are going to work hard regardless) knowing he / she is probably going to be on the High School team. Having two middle schools in the same school system is like having iron sharpening iron, kids are going to work harder and get better or else they wont make the cut. Anytime you get more kids (2 middle schoools vs. One) you are going to have more talent to choose from. Kind of a No Brainer from my point of view.

This also allows valuable time for the late-bloomer players that need extra time to development. If there is one middle school, fewer kids would get a shot to play for the middle school team. Then the dominant players in middle school would make the team that could pass up the players that will be dominant in high school. For example, there was a player who barely made the 7th grade and got cut his 8th grade year. 6th man his freshman year and made the All-District team his Senior team. If that player was at one middle school, the player wouldn't have a chance to see the floor ever.

  • Author

I agree that is better to develope players. It is always better to pick a starting team out of two teams. My question is this. Do you think that Greenup County has ever, or will ever get over the Mckell, Greenup, Wurtland fued? I believe this is why it is such a hard place to coach. I heard so many people say they should have been two schools. One in South Shore and One on the property that Jesse Stuart was donating on W-Hollow 3 miles out Route 1 in Greenup. I have enjoyed the middle school rivalry's over the past several years, but lately my thoughts have changed. I know the kids get over the rivary but do the parents, and is this where all the trouble comes from at the high school level???

What trend? Which districts have increased the number of middle schools?

 

I'm sure it happens occasionally, but how many times does the 13th best player in an eighth-grade class turn into a high school starter?

It must be terrible to have two feeder programs. I feel so sorry for those programs that have that terrible problem.Then again you could play the hand you're ........ You know what I mean.

  • Author
It must be terrible to have two feeder programs. I feel so sorry for those programs that have that terrible problem.Then again you could play the hand you're ........ You know what I mean.

 

Not really????:confused: :confused:

Not really????:confused: :confused:

born yesterday!!!! never mind

  • Author
born yesterday!!!! never mind

 

Does anyone else know what funtowatch means here or am I the only one born yesterday. At my age that does sound pretty good though.:D

What trend? Which districts have increased the number of middle schools?

 

I'm sure it happens occasionally, but how many times does the 13th best player in an eighth-grade class turn into a high school starter?

Scott County has opened a 3rd middle school.

Shelby has two middle schools, then come together as one in high school

North Laurel has two feeder middle schools, NL and East Burnstadt Independent.

Cawood has 5 feeder middle schools.Harlan County High School will have 8 feeder middle schools when it opens up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.