Christian County at Central Hardin Predictions/Updates

Christian County at Central Hardin   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this first round matchup?

• Central Hardin
    • Christian County

My words on the thread of the Central Hardin vs Bryan Station were prophetic.

"I am still trying to wrap my head around why CH would schedule this game as their last game of the season leading into the playoffs? The negatives outweigh the positives in this one. CH has virtually no chance in this game and can only come away with a risk of injuries and a bruised psyche going into the playoffs".

So, Central Hardin was down 21-0 with less than 3 minutes gone in the first quarter and by the end of the game both running backs (Walker Meredith and Mason Gardner), were both out of the game with injuries. QB Zachary Spurrier also got rocked on several plays and was not himself the rest of the game. 

Again, why would you play a Bryan Station the week before the playoffs begin? 

Central Hardin should win this first round matchup against an inferior team in Christian County with or without their dual threat RBs and set up a rematch with North Hardin in the second round of the playoffs assuming North Hardin gets by Daviess County. 

Prediction: 

Central Hardin 36

Christian County 12

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hardin County Preps said:

My words on the thread of the Central Hardin vs Bryan Station were prophetic.

"I am still trying to wrap my head around why CH would schedule this game as their last game of the season leading into the playoffs? The negatives outweigh the positives in this one. CH has virtually no chance in this game and can only come away with a risk of injuries and a bruised psyche going into the playoffs".

So, Central Hardin was down 21-0 with less than 3 minutes gone in the first quarter and by the end of the game both running backs (Walker Meredith and Mason Gardner), were both out of the game with injuries. QB Zachary Spurrier also got rocked on several plays and was not himself the rest of the game. 

Again, why would you play a Bryan Station the week before the playoffs begin? 

Central Hardin should win this first round matchup against an inferior team in Christian County with or without their dual threat RBs and set up a rematch with North Hardin in the second round of the playoffs assuming North Hardin gets by Daviess County. 

Prediction: 

Central Hardin 36

Christian County 12

You do realize with all the success Central Hardin has had over the past 10 years nobody is signing up to play them. You can't force other teams to play you, outside of the 3 district games teams have to find 7 other opponents. So its either play 9 games or play a tough opponent who would like them to play that week?

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Christian County at Central Hardin Predictions/Updates

Nonsense, as recent as last season Central Hardin was playing Apollo, Butler, Fern Creek, South Oldham. The schedule was brutal this season and putting probably the best team on the schedule in week 10 is not smart. I love the way Trinity has their bye week the last week of the season, giving their players time to recharge and heal some of the bumps and bruises before starting the playoffs. 

Thru the years, Central Hardin has scheduled the likes of Bowling Green, South Warren, CAL, Central, Manual, Boyle County, and have not won any of these matchups! I called it and it happened vs Bryan Station. I saw Bryan Station the first game of the season vs Trinity and knew the game vs CH would not be competitive. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hardin County Preps said:

Nonsense, as recent as last season Central Hardin was playing Apollo, Butler, Fern Creek, South Oldham. The schedule was brutal this season and putting probably the best team on the schedule in week 10 is not smart. I love the way Trinity has their bye week the last week of the season, giving their players time to recharge and heal some of the bumps and bruises before starting the playoffs. 

Thru the years, Central Hardin has scheduled the likes of Bowling Green, South Warren, CAL, Central, Manual, Boyle County, and have not won any of these matchups! I called it and it happened vs Bryan Station. I saw Bryan Station the first game of the season vs Trinity and knew the game vs CH would not be competitive. 

Again your proving my point they smoked most of those teams in both years of the contract so those teams like Apollo and Fern Creek probably didn't want to play them anymore. You can't force teams to play you, Etown won't play them. I'm sure Central would have loved to not played the brutal schedule they played this year. However they were coming off a Region Title Appearance and I'm sure they easy opponent were lining up to play them in this new cycle.  I'm sure its not their dream to play bowling green and Louisville central and so on. Scheduling in this state is a challenge as you have to come with 7 games on your own and find a way to get 5 home and 5 away and find people who will mutually agree to play you. 

I think you might be to hard on them over the Station game. Last year they were 11-2 and I am sure, learning from my own experiences here, people were not lining up to play them. We wanted a high quality team to play and  that’s what they are. None of us know, when we get into new contracts what will might be in those next two years. Heck, my first go at the new cycle happened before my first season. It was easy to get games because of where this program was. I am certain some of the teams we played year two, were not exactly happy having us on their schedule because they saw a 10 win team. Central Hardin has some very good players and may even find themselves into the regional final this year. Just never know. The roles could very well be reversed when we go there next season. Clearly coach does not dodge opponents. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 8:47 PM, Hardin County Preps said:

Nonsense.... if you play the cupcakes and beat the brakes off of them, then they don't line up to play you again...especially if they are rebuilding like the ones you mentioned.....  as someone who has built a schedule or 2, it is way easier to say what they should have done from behind the keyboard than being in the coach's office doing it.   

With that said..... I agree with thunderbuddies!