Gallatin Co. 49 Ryle 48 OT

Ryle seems to have the tools to compete for the Ninth. Nelson, Russell, Maley, Porter, Morgan, Luster, Miller, etc., etc. Lot of talent there. This has to be a tough loss.

Sandman, are you saying they have the talent to compete for the Ninth, or are you saying that they will compete for the Ninth this year? After huge losses to Boone, Cov Holy Cross and CovCath, they did beat a very good St. Henry in a close game at home, but I just don't see them as a challenge this year to any of the top Ninth Region teams. I don't even see them even getting out of the 33rd...this year.....

Owen had a 4 point lead and the ball with 10 or so seconds to go. Owen player reacted to Gallatin player who was trying to foul to stop the clock. Ref "T'ed" him up GC made 1 FT then a 3 to tie. Won in OT. Good call on the T terrible no call on the foul.

Thanks, Fun. Sounds like Owen has some "control under pressure" issues.

Sandman, are you saying they have the talent to compete for the Ninth, or are you saying that they will compete for the Ninth this year? After huge losses to Boone, Cov Holy Cross and CovCath, they did beat a very good St. Henry in a close game at home, but I just don't see them as a challenge this year to any of the top Ninth Region teams. I don't even see them even getting out of the 33rd...this year.....

I agree. I only saw Ryle play one time and that was against Scott in the Defenders of the Station Tourney and Ryle didn't look very good at all. Scott had a 27 point lead on them and coasted to a 18 point win. I just don't see Ryle contending for anything this year.

Thanks, Fun. Sounds like Owen has some "control under pressure" issues.

Control under pressure? I don't blame the owen county players at all, kid from gallatin hacked kid from owen county 3 times before the kid from owen pushed back and the referee stood their the entire time and watched. Terrible call on the no foul, Gallatin knew who they wanted to foul and after the kid pulled the rebound and got rid of it the Gallatin player hit the kid once across the arms, once in the face, and then they pushed each other simultaneously.

Control under pressure? I don't blame the owen county players at all, kid from gallatin hacked kid from owen county 3 times before the kid from owen pushed back and the referee stood their the entire time and watched. Terrible call on the no foul, Gallatin knew who they wanted to foul and after the kid pulled the rebound and got rid of it the Gallatin player hit the kid once across the arms, once in the face, and then they pushed each other simultaneously.

If Gallatin plays they win this game and anymore to follow vs. Owen by double digits. Why complain about or contest a ref call. You are in the 8th region none of them are any good

Thought you were an Owen Co. resident??

I said I was from there, born and raised, played football, lettered all 4 years, back when they had winning football teams. Problem I have is you guys can never admitt you got beat at anything, the other team either cheated or the officials cost the game. When Owen beat Gallatin earlier I said they out work, out hustled and deserved the win. Gallatin wins over there and you want to blame it on someone else, if you want to play the game man up and own it, quit blaming others!

I said I was from there, born and raised, played football, lettered all 4 years, back when they had winning football teams. Problem I have is you guys can never admitt you got beat at anything, the other team either cheated or the officials cost the game. When Owen beat Gallatin earlier I said they out work, out hustled and deserved the win. Gallatin wins over there and you want to blame it on someone else, if you want to play the game man up and own it, quit blaming others!

Have they played more than 2 times?:rolleyes:

After some rethinking, I should probably should not have made such a statement - It is very likely that I would have reacted in the same way, had I been the OC player. And while there may be some truth in my comment, it certainly doesn't need to waved around and paraded.

I was simply saying they have a nice group of talent. Enough talent to make a run in a down region this year.

I'm certainly not predicting they will make any sort of run, even in the district tournament though.