Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Christian Academy of Louisville 28 Owensboro 14

Featured Replies

Closely played game (Closer than score indicated).  Owensboro had 2 TD’s called back on separate occasions and threatened many times.  I’ve watched Hampton’s return TD to see the block in back.  It took me 6 times to figure out who was called.  Crowe is blocking a guy on his shoulder across the field and the guy falls over when he can’t make the play.  That is a very weak call to stop a TD, he was never in the back.  O had holding called all night more especially in the RZ.  CAL got short field twice and took advantage.  Both teams good QB play.

This game was a tale of 2 half’s. CAL came out and punched a young Red Devil team in the mouth jumping out to a 21-0 lead in the 1st half. O’s offense made some big plays in the 1st half many of which got called back including 2 scores. Like @Brown said I’ve watched the Hampton kick off return multiple times and I can’t find a hold anywhere on the field that was a poor call by the ref which gave CAL a huge momentum swing. Red Devils defense struggled slowing down the high powered Centurion passing attack in the 1st half.

2nd half was in favor the Devils. The defense made some adjustments limiting CAL to just 1 score. The offense was able to move the ball up the field nearly every drive but struggled in the red zone only being able to cash in 2 scores. 
 
Congrats to CAL for pulling out the W, but I’m not entirely convinced the better team won. If this game were a series of 10 I could see the Devils winning half of the match ups… I’d be interested in seeing the total yards for each teams if anybody has it.

Owensboro got better this game and I agree on the kickoff return being a weak call . Owensboro struggled early but the D adjusted and QB was a lot better for he seemed more comfortable throwing and tucking the ball and heading up field to keep the chains moving . Winstead is a work horse and Hampton can be trouble for any team as well . Playing these caliber of teams will help a young Red Devil team get better . Congrats to CAL on the win for they are really good football team .

  • Author

Yards 376 Owensboro, 371 CAL

I knew it had to be close, I just didn’t know who had the slight edge. A huge chunk of CAL’s yards came in the 1st half, and Most of O’s came in the 2nd half. That game was pretty evenly matched.

I watched a recording of the game Saturday morning so I had the benefit of the rewind button. Both touch down plays that were called back on OHS had legit infractions in them. Not sure what was called on both plays but there were blatant blocks in the back on both those TD's. The coaching staff will need to clean up the penalties going forward but overall not a bad showing for the Red & Black. Delacey played 100 times better then he had in the scrimmages. Hats off to the young man. This next game vs Bowling Green should be a dandy! 

Given the history of mystery calls in favor of the Red Devils at Rash Stadium, it is a bit comical to hear officiating complaints from the Owensboro contingent.  I'm sure the flags will favor the Red Devils when the Purples come to town.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.