Simon Kenton 29 Dixie Heights 19

I am a Dixie fan. Low hanging fruit is to point at the number of penalties they had right or wrong. Burke was visibly upset after this game on the field ripping them a new one. This is a great first step you never really saw before he got there. He is nipping it in the butt right away. I have faith that those will get cleaned up and addressed. I didn’t see a lot of Dixie hype before this season. I saw talk about them being better and having a lot of talent. After last season that’s a low bar. But they weren’t wrong. They had the better athletes on the field, just not the most disciplined. I’d be celebrating being up at halftime on the road against a good team that put 66 on me the season before too. The defense gives you five turnovers and your offense gifts the other team short fields and a football field and a half of penalties. They have to get better on that side of the ball. If I am SK I am thrilled I got some production from my young players. But the fact still remains Dixie had them on the ropes, then beat themselves. SK has some glaring issues. This is two weeks in a row they struggled at times to move the ball (first half) and had turnover issues. Their defense found their footing in the second half but needed help from penalties by Dixie. No real passing game to speak of until the Lee kid entered the game. I would not have wanted to be in film this morning in either locker room. Good weekend for SK and their program, lots to work out over at Dixie. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Finkle Ray said:

I am a Dixie fan. Low hanging fruit is to point at the number of penalties they had right or wrong. Burke was visibly upset after this game on the field ripping them a new one. This is a great first step you never really saw before he got there. He is nipping it in the butt right away. I have faith that those will get cleaned up and addressed. I didn’t see a lot of Dixie hype before this season. I saw talk about them being better and having a lot of talent. After last season that’s a low bar. But they weren’t wrong. They had the better athletes on the field, just not the most disciplined. I’d be celebrating being up at halftime on the road against a good team that put 66 on me the season before too. The defense gives you five turnovers and your offense gifts the other team short fields and a football field and a half of penalties. They have to get better on that side of the ball. If I am SK I am thrilled I got some production from my young players. But the fact still remains Dixie had them on the ropes, then beat themselves. SK has some glaring issues. This is two weeks in a row they struggled at times to move the ball (first half) and had turnover issues. Their defense found their footing in the second half but needed help from penalties by Dixie. No real passing game to speak of until the Lee kid entered the game. I would not have wanted to be in film this morning in either locker room. Good weekend for SK and their program, lots to work out over at Dixie. 

So Dixie had better athletes and SK played their worst and SK still managed to find a way to win. Never give up!  Go Pioneers!

On 8/19/2023 at 10:57 PM, MaddenCurse44 said:

So Dixie had better athletes and SK played their worst and SK still managed to find a way to win. Never give up!  Go Pioneers!

Yes.

SK didn't play great, but Dixie managed to play worse. How many of those turnovers and short fields did Dixie actually capitalize on? Very few. Not to the mention penalties that negated big plays and dropped passes that were wide open. I'd say outside of Aba Selm, Dixie's players were just as athletic or more than SK's but they did not play a good game and that's how SK came away with the win.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, burreaux said:

Yes.

SK didn't play great, but Dixie managed to play worse. How many of those turnovers and short fields did Dixie actually capitalize on? Very few. Not to the mention penalties that negated big plays and ropped passes that were wide open. I'd say outside of Aba Selm, Dixie's players were just as athletic or more than SK's but they did not play a good game and that's how SK came away with the win.

Score board says SK is better!

2 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Second half SK was all buisness!

They did come out and play better in the second half, and Dixie really took their foot off the gas. I think you said it earlier, that DH seemed to think the game ended at halftime.

Aba Selm was a monster at the LOS (both sides of the ball) and that was a big X-factor for SK.