Jefferson County Question

I have a question for the Louisville area posters. I was checking the enrollments of schools in the state and I noticed that Louisville’s Moore High has the largest number on the list at 2,367. I know there’s many factors involved in competitive sports programs but I was wondering why this school is not more relevant in basketball. I know they have been good in the past a few years but with those kinds of numbers one would think they would be challenging for titles more often.

6 minutes ago, The Professor said:

I have a question for the Louisville area posters. I was checking the enrollments of schools in the state and I noticed that Louisville’s Moore High has the largest number on the list at 2,367. I know there’s many factors involved in competitive sports programs but I was wondering why this school is not more relevant in basketball. I know they have been good in the past a few years but with those kinds of numbers one would think they would be challenging for titles more often.

With where Moore is located, I would imagine they compete with Fern Creek for the top talent. The two schools aren't very far apart and as we know, Fern Creek has been pretty decent over the last decade or so. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Professor said:

I googled “largest enrollments in Kentucky high schools” and at the top of the list was Moore HS. Evidently it is half that 2,367 total. 

Try this link from the KHSAA. These are enrollments for the 2022-23 school year. Lafayette is the largest at 2,440; Madison Central is second at 2,225. Eastern is third and the largest in Jefferson County with 2,043 students.

https://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments/20222023schoolenrollmenttotalsbyenroll.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Professor said:

I googled “largest enrollments in Kentucky high schools” and at the top of the list was Moore HS. Evidently it is half that 2,367 total. 

Moore’s enrollment includes the middle school, which shares the campus/building with the high school.