2A Classic

• theguru changed the title to 2A Classic
2 hours ago, Hoops Junkie said:

Do any 9th region or NKY teams compete in this?  How are the regions broken up and who from NKY would even qualify as 2A?

There are a few schools that could, but I really don't know if they do.  This whole 2A thing is the best kept secret in NKY as well as the whole Commonwealth in my opinion.

📝 Friday's pairings with BGP Ranking #, records, and bracket ~ 

• 10:30, D2 Franklin-Simpson (8-5) vs. D5 #3 Lexington Catholic (17-1)

• 1:30, D3 #15 DeSales (11-5) vs. D1 Calloway County (14-3) 

• 6:00, D7 McCreary Central (11-7) vs. D4 Taylor County (14-2) 

• 9:00, D6 #18 Mason County (14-2) vs. D8 Magoffin County (8-6)

Screenshot_20230112-135312__01.jpg

10 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

📝 Friday's pairings with BGP Ranking #, records, and bracket ~ 

• 10:30, D2 Franklin-Simpson (8-5) vs. D5 #3 Lexington Catholic (17-1)

• 1:30, D3 #15 DeSales (11-5) vs. D1 Calloway County (14-3) 

• 6:00, D7 McCreary Central (11-7) vs. D4 Taylor County (14-2) 

• 9:00, D6 #18 Mason County (14-2) vs. D8 Magoffin County (8-6)

Screenshot_20230112-135312__01.jpg

I'm assuming they clear the crowd after every game.

2 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Why?  If their not, why is there so much spacing between the games?

I'm pretty certain the girls play between the boys games with a break between afternoon and night sessions, which is a good plan. And from what I've heard, the crowds are pretty sparse, especially from schools that are several hours away.  Its still a good tournament for those size schools and Owensboro is a nice host.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Royals and Saints Fan said:

I'm pretty certain the girls play between the boys games with a break between afternoon and night sessions, which is a good plan. And from what I've heard, the crowds are pretty sparse, especially from schools that are several hours away.  Its still a good tournament for those size schools and Owensboro is a nice host.

You're right about the boys/girls spacing. Agree that Owensboro does a nice job hosting. The city is all in on this and the SportsCenter is perfect for the size crowds these games will attract. I think they do an even better job with the 2A baseball and softball tournaments - the facilities are very good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Royals and Saints Fan said:

2 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

This is correct.

I understand now, but I really don't want to see the girls games.  How do they do the games on Saturday?

Lexington Catholic deserves to be the favorite, but there are a few other teams in this tournament who look pretty good on paper.  I've only seen DeSales play. They are the smallest team in the tournament (enrolment wise) but they have decent size in their squad.  They are accustomed to playing good competition so they shouldn't feel intimidated. They may have the best chance of the upset if they play well.

Mason Co. and Taylor Co. also have pretty good W/L records, but their competition may not have been as strong ( I really don't know since I haven't actually seen them).