Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All “A” Classification Guidelines

Featured Replies

15 hours ago, Hoopstars said:

Might have answered my own question- do they classify single gender schools differently for enrollment purposes- like if it’s all girls or all boys do they double the enrollment numbers to equalize? 

That is correct, single gender schools are doubled.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Professor
    The Professor

    The  All A tournament is made up of the smallest 125 school enrollments in the state and uses the same 16 region format that is used by the KHSAA for their March tournament. There is not a set enrollm

  • I probably wasn’t exactly clear earlier.  Maybe the number is no longer the smallest 125 but the smallest 90 or 100 schools to get it closer to what it was meant to be as a small school tournament.  C

  • Runcible Owl
    Runcible Owl

    Hope you find this helpful ~ Looks like there are 112 entries in this year's "All 'A' Classic." Largest tournament schools by Region per the KHSAA's 2022/2023 enrollment figures - the top qu

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Hoopstars said:

Might have answered my own question- do they classify single gender schools differently for enrollment purposes- like if it’s all girls or all boys do they double the enrollment numbers to equalize? 

If I'm not mistaken, this year the only team this doubling applies to is playing in the Girls All 'A' - Presentation (currently at 153 students -> 306).

47 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

If I'm not mistaken, this year the only team this doubling applies to is playing in the Girls All 'A' - Presentation (currently at 153 students -> 306).

I was more wondering because some really small schools are too big for 1A. But the doubling is what makes them 2A. 

36 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

I was more wondering because some really small schools are too big for 1A. But the doubling is what makes them 2A. 

What small schools are too big for 1A because of doubling? Doubling only happens for private, single-sex schools and there are only a handful (Presentation, Mercy, Assumption, Sacred Heart, DeSales, Trinity, St. Xavier, Notre Dame, and Covington Catholic).

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

What small schools are too big for 1A because of doubling? Doubling only happens for private, single-sex schools and there are only a handful (Presentation, Mercy, Assumption, Sacred Heart, DeSales, Trinity, St. Xavier, Notre Dame, and Covington Catholic).

Thought I saw a few. I think desales for example. 

Just now, Hoopstars said:

Thought I saw a few. I think desales for example. 

They were the only one I thought might be possible. 319 boys, but like you said, doubles up to 638 which is over the top. They did participate in the All "A" for several years but it has probably been at least 7-8 years since they were involved.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.