Tate Cox From JBS(one of the Best Freshmen in State)

I have had the opportunity to watch JBS Twice this season and some last year. Tate Cox has to be one of the best freshmen in the state. i have been impressed with his pose and his ablility to use his body in the lane. i dont think there is any question he will play college basketball. i think the only thing to remain is where at. He has no emotions on the court. i like that. you dont know when he is upset or just content. wondering what everyone else thought.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tate is a great player and great kid. He goes out and gets the job done every game. One factor with him is that some people say his size may hurt him in college. My answer to that would be is that how many people would like to have a Travis Ford type player on their team. I think Tate will want to play at a school where he could play rather than set on a bench even if it is a smaller school. The main thing to remember about him is he is good enough to play for some colleges now how good will he be later...

I agree 100%. i think he is a great player but the think that is so amazing is the way he handles himself on the court. as i said before he plays with pose. i think the coaches across the state need to take a look at him and vote for him for the all state team this year. i think he is one of most unique players i have seen in a long time and has a world of potential. i know that tubby was there to watch him in lexington and i heard on IRA COMBS radio show that Tubby was impressed with these same issues. I dont know what his intentions are but I wish him the best. i also think there are other underclassmen in the 14th that have a world of potential. i like the stepp kid. i think he has got one of the prettiest shots i have seen. i also like the stamper kid at Knott. I think he will get better every game he plays. i think he will also be a special player.

Watched JBS and Rose Hill as well as Russell play at Rupp earlier this season. My guess is that the 2 kids from Rose Hill would make any all freshman team. No slight on Cox, only to say that those two are pretty darn good. I haven't seen many point guards better than Jackson in any grade.

I agree 100%. i think he is a great player but the think that is so amazing is the way he handles himself on the court. as i said before he plays with pose. i think the coaches across the state need to take a look at him and vote for him for the all state team this year. i think he is one of most unique players i have seen in a long time and has a world of potential. i know that tubby was there to watch him in lexington and i heard on IRA COMBS radio show that Tubby was impressed with these same issues. I dont know what his intentions are but I wish him the best. i also think there are other underclassmen in the 14th that have a world of potential. i like the stepp kid. i think he has got one of the prettiest shots i have seen. i also like the stamper kid at Knott. I think he will get better every game he plays. i think he will also be a special player.

Was Tubby really there to watch him only or was he there just to check out the games and other players as well. Does Cox have the potential to play at UK? I know he is just a freshman and has 3 years to mature, but you can usually tell when a player is special or not. What is Cox's size. Not trying to disagree with anyone or slight Cox just don't know much about him.

Was Tubby really there to watch him only or was he there just to check out the games and other players as well. Does Cox have the potential to play at UK? I know he is just a freshman and has 3 years to mature, but you can usually tell when a player is special or not. What is Cox's size. Not trying to disagree with anyone or slight Cox just don't know much about him.

South Carolina has inquired about him to some people in the 14th. He is about 5'10" right now and will probably grow a little but with this kid size will not matter. I am not sure at what level he will play but IMO he is a special player. I also heard that Tubby was bragging about him in the 5th/3rd...

South Carolina has inquired about him to some people in the 14th. He is about 5'10" right now and will probably grow a little but with this kid size will not matter. I am not sure at what level he will play but IMO he is a special player. I also heard that Tubby was bragging about him in the 5th/3rd...

Sounds like the kid has a bright future in front of him. I wish him the best of luck. :thumb:

It may happen !!!
He would be much better of at a school like Shelby Valley where he could showcase his skills. At JBS he's made to look like a second rate player because they want Stepp to be the star, but really anyone away from the program can see who the real player is, He just dosent have the right last name..JMO

He would be much better of at a school like Shelby Valley where he could showcase his skills. At JBS he's made to look like a second rate player because they want Stepp to be the star, but really anyone away from the program can see who the real player is, He just dosent have the right last name..JMO

Anyone that knows anything at all knows who the best player is at JBS.