Rose Hill 86 Lewis County 67

They do seem to get the most out of what material they have available. It is unlikely that anyone will blow them out (LexCath and Scott County excluded)but, then, it is equally unlikely that they will blow anyone out (obvious pretenders excluded). They certainly are not flashy but the object is to win and Thomas keeps them in most games.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They do seem to get the most out of what material they have available. It is unlikely that anyone will blow them out (LexCath and Scott County excluded)but, then, it is equally unlikely that they will blow anyone out (obvious pretenders excluded). They certainly are not flashy but the object is to win and Thomas keeps them in most games.

They are a team that is built for a 3-game run in March. Nothing more and nothing less. Losses now mean nothing, wins now mean nothing. They are a team you do NOT want to face in the tournament.

They are a team that is built for a 3-game run in March. Nothing more and nothing less. Losses now mean nothing, wins now mean nothing. They are a team you do NOT want to face in the tournament.

Why play if it doesn't mean anything?:banana:

Why play if it doesn't mean anything?:banana:

In the grand scheme of things, you can go 25-0 and lose the first game in the district tournament and you've accomplished nothing. They don't LITERALLY mean nothing, but the season is just preparation for the post-season.

In the grand scheme of things, you can go 25-0 and lose the first game in the district tournament and you've accomplished nothing. They don't LITERALLY mean nothing, but the season is just preparation for the post-season.

Then just play the tournament in November and forget about the rest of it.Would save a lot of time and money and wouldn't have all of these remarks.

Then just play the tournament in November and forget about the rest of it.Would save a lot of time and money and wouldn't have all of these remarks.

Ok, I'll wave my magic wand and do away with all regular season games. You can ask any coach in America to choose one of these options:

a) 0-26 during the season - 9-0 in the postseason with a state/national championship

or

b) 26-0 during the seasion - 0-2 in the postseason and sitting at home

They will all choose (a). You know that, so why make these comments?

I have played a lot of basketball in my life in high school and also 4 years of college and every game was important to me ,no matter if it was a game during the season or a tournament game. I cherish all of the memories of all the games in both high school and college and only played in the State Tournament one year. I played for a small high school for three years and we never had a chance of beating the big city school in our district but I still love those memories of playing for that school. There's more to this than just winning the big tournament game. That's the way I think and you have the right to think the way you wish. Remember there's only going to be one winner after the big show in March . so what does that make everyone else , LOSERS. No.:D

I have played a lot of basketball in my life in high school and also 4 years of college and every game was important to me ,no matter if it was a game during the season or a tournament game. I cherish all of the memories of all the games in both high school and college and only played in the State Tournament one year. I played for a small high school for three years and we never had a chance of beating the big city school in our district but I still love those memories of playing for that school. There's more to this than just winning the big tournament game. That's the way I think and you have the right to think the way you wish. Remember there's only going to be one winner after the big show in March . so what does that make everyone else , LOSERS. No.:D

Again, it wasn't meant to be taken LITERALLY.

Excellent and realistic post. As for Rowan County, I don't think that all of this emphasis in preparing for the "last nine games" is putting an iota of fear into those who play in the big gymnasium on Clays Mill Road.