Beechwood 62 Carroll County 14

BWTigers

Beechwood controlled the entire game but Carroll County came out and had some success early. Beechwood scored first but then Carroll County scored on a 2 play drive with some great play calling on a truck play that got them down the field. Beechwood then scored the next 41 points to make it 48-7 and the clock began to run.  JV came in and gave up a touchdown and then scored 2 TD’s on runs by Cash Harney one of those was a 70 yard TD run. 
The game was marred by an ugly scene in the 3rd quarter when 2 Carroll County lineman began to fight each other on the field. One players helmet came off and the other player was punching him in the face. It was an embarrassing moment and should never ever happen. The worst part was Beechwood’s coaches were out there before any Carroll County coach arrived to break it up. The officials looked like they didn’t know what to do it was chaotic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Carroll County had some good stuff on offense. They have good young players. The RB Satchwell runs hard. I think Walton Verona's grip on the district is in jeopardy next year.

I was impressed with the formation they ran early that gave Beechwood problems. I agree WV needs to be worried about this team in the up coming seasons. Landon Supplee and Zayn Satchwell caught their 2 TD’s. Unfortunately the QB is a senior but #3 Mumphrey should be the QB next year and he threw the trick pass that lead to the first TD. 

Beechwood offense was clicking all night. Chase Flaherty ran the ball so hard all night. Clay Hayden had a nice game and Antonio Robinson speed is deadly. Liam McCormick is such a good WR because of his size and he catches the ball so well. Luke Erdman had a couple nice catches and a really nice punt return. Beechwood will need to clean up the turnovers they had tonight. 2 punt returns dropped by the returners and a fumble on a QB/Center exchange. All in all they looked good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

Beechwood controlled the entire game but Carroll County came out and had some success early. Beechwood scored first but then Carroll County scored on a 2 play drive with some great play calling on a truck play that got them down the field. Beechwood then scored the next 41 points to make it 48-7 and the clock began to run.  JV came in and gave up a touchdown and then scored 2 TD’s on runs by Cash Harney one of those was a 70 yard TD run. 
The game was marred by an ugly scene in the 3rd quarter when 2 Carroll County lineman began to fight each other on the field. One players helmet came off and the other player was punching him in the face. It was an embarrassing moment and should never ever happen. The worst part was Beechwood’s coaches were out there before any Carroll County coach arrived to break it up. The officials looked like they didn’t know what to do it was chaotic. 

Truly embarrassing for the players but even more for the coaches. That wasn’t a playful fight or a tussle. That was a freaking brawl. People around me were looking around saying is there coach going to stop this???  It went on for that long  

Second point to that, where we’re the refs? Delay of game at minimum, expulsion for the players SHOULD have happen. A personal foul is a personal foul no matter which team your committing it against.  Luckily nobody was hurt.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BrickhouseCOV said:

Truly embarrassing for the players but even more for the coaches. That wasn’t a playful fight or a tussle. That was a freaking brawl. People around me were looking around saying is there coach going to stop this???  It went on for that long  

Second point to that, where we’re the refs? Delay of game at minimum, expulsion for the players SHOULD have happen. A personal foul is a personal foul no matter which team your committing it against.  Luckily nobody was hurt.

It was the darndest thing I have ever seen. I think the officials were just in shock it was happening. The Beechwood players sure were too. 

2 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

Players fighting people on their own team?  That is probably one of the wildest things I've ever heard happening on a high school field.

Funny thing (if there could be a funny thing) is when it was over they both were standing back by the training table and hugged it out on the sideline. Neither kid played the rest of the game but it was something to see.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1