Metcalfe County 27 Green County 22

GC-Dragons

First and foremost, congratulations to Metcalfe County, they played better and deserved to win. They dominated the first 3 quarters and they earned every bit of this win. They wanted this game more than the Dragons, no other way for me to say it. 

The Dragons played terrible from the opening onside kick, and that continued with allowing Metcalfe to recover another onside in the third quarter as well.  From fumbles when guys weren't even hit, to missed tackles, a guy in perfect position falling down in the secondary that allowed a 60 yard TD pass, a 4th and 15 where two guys allow Blythe to get behind them and score. Bad Snaps, penalties, dropped TD pass, Dropped INT, you name it, and the dragons did it. It wasn't a pretty night of football from the Dragons. Some of this was due to Metcalfe being a great team, but most were just self inflicted and poor play by the Dragons. 

With all that said, its like the Dragons finally turned on the light bulb and decided to play and dominated the last 9 minutes of the game and almost came all the way back to win. They also threw the ball very well at times and did things they couldn't do last year. Green is a talented team, but they just aren't consistent enough to be a top team and beat any of the top 4 teams in 2a. Metcalfe is very very good up front, and massive across the line, but they lack any other top end playmakers other than Blythe, and will have to pound teams over and over later in the playoffs, and I'm not sure they will be able to do that with the bigger and better teams. 

The Hornets and The Dragons are both very good teams, but I have to be honest, I don't think ether can beat the top 4 squads in 2a with what I saw tonight. 

• Thanks 3

Green under performed. There nerves got the best of them. They started shakey, and didn't wake up till the 4th quarter. I will say they never gave up and kept grinding and was a onside kick from winning this game. 

Congrats to Metcalfe on the win. Bythe had a great game there key to win. 

8 hours ago, GC-Dragons said:

The Hornets and The Dragons are both very good teams, but I have to be honest, I don't think ether can beat the top 4 squads in 2a with what I saw tonight. 

They should both win their first round game (especially since it seems like Somerset had faded completely) but I think both Metcalfe and Green will be second round underdogs to LCA and Danville, respectively.

• Like 1

Metcalfe Co out played Green Co all night long  the score was 6-27 going in to the 4th quarter, Metcalfe's fumble on the first drive of the 4th quarter changed the momentum, Green Co got luck that the Score wasnt 30 something  to 6 instead of 22-27. Metcalfe County is a Great Team and Blyth is by far the best athlete in the district and the area.

19 hours ago, Jayman33 said:

Metcalfe Co out played Green Co all night long  the score was 6-27 going in to the 4th quarter, Metcalfe's fumble on the first drive of the 4th quarter changed the momentum, Green Co got luck that the Score wasnt 30 something  to 6 instead of 22-27. Metcalfe County is a Great Team and Blyth is by far the best athlete in the district and the area.

You are correct. Metcalfe came to play. Green didn't even know there was there till late. Blyth is a good player and was close to being an ineligible player this week due to his suspension. He's not the best athlete in our district and would be close to being #2. As far as area he would be around 5 or 6. If your talking about postion he plays and being the top in our area and district that's more feasible. 

Honestly the MVP of this game should go to Metcalfes line. They were getting to the LB every play opening up a hole a 747 could fit through.