Green County 44 Warren Central 40

DragonFire

I listened to most of the fourth quarter of this one.  Back and forth game.  Central will look back and wonder if they should have gone for it on 4th and 3 at midfield before Green County's last drive.  Their defense is not their strong point - but still, it's also easy to defend the decision to ask your defense to just try to stop them from scoring a TD when they had to go 96 yards in around 3 minutes.  Just couldn't do it.  Still progress!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Finally back to the car, and able to charge the phone.
Green was able to pull out the win, not the best effort of year, but a win is a win. Some very sloppy play and mental mistakes that almost cost Green this game and will do so down the road if they don’t fix those mistakes. 

With that said, Warren central has some great athletes that made some insane catches and have speed to burn. They are much improved and I take nothing from them, they gave it there all and played a great game. Congrats to them on a hard fought game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This game Green co had so many mental mistakes as far a penalty away from the ball. The fumble snap on the miss que for WC touchdown after halftime. These mistakes can't happen if they wish to have a extended playoff run. They had a few missed assignments and didn't wrap up on tackles. 

WC played really well. They are very much improved than last year. They could possibly upset a team down the road. They fought till the clock hit zero.  There deffense isn't their strong point. As Green co could run with either Seymour and Houchens. 

Over all it was an exciting game. For a young QB "Green" to operate a 2 minute offense will help down the road. Congrats to Green. Great job WC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I listened to most of the fourth quarter of this one.  Back and forth game.  Central will look back and wonder if they should have gone for it on 4th and 3 at midfield before Green County's last drive.  Their defense is not their strong point - but still, it's also easy to defend the decision to ask your defense to just try to stop them from scoring a TD when they had to go 96 yards in around 3 minutes.  Just couldn't do it.  Still progress!

I was really impressed with Warren Central. Green County didn’t do themselves any favors in this game, and Warren Central took advantage of those miscues. Which is a sign of a good team. I’m not sure how many yards Central finished with, but it was a bunch. 

Green on the other hand had two touchdowns called back, two for sure Tds dropped in the endzone on different drives and had a snap the QB wasn’t even looking for that went into the endzone and was recovered by Warren Central to start the second half. All of this will get Green beat later on if it continues.
 Green also has some great coverage on receivers that just went up and made unreal catches, at least twice Green had a defender right in the face of the receiver and went up for the ball and the Reciever just took it from them with an amazing catch and scored. You just tip your hat and say good play on those. 

Houchens Finished with an easy 100 plus yards and 3tds along with a few receptions and multiple tackles including two sacks. Seymour had a big night running the ball as well, with well over 100 yards and good play of defense. Houston Hodges threw for at least 250 yards and 2Tds and looked really good. Kelson McKinney also has a massive night with around 165 to 175 yards receiving with 2 touchdowns as well. 

• Like 3

It has never made sense to me how a high school team can be so great on offense and so poor on defense. I might understand it on the 5 and 6 A clubs that try to play with no players playing both ways but these smaller schools you would think would play their best players both ways. If they don’t maybe they should. I mean I understand players get tired but could the defense be any worse with a tired great player out there than a fresh average player. Just food for thought.

Green allowed 227 rushing yards and 71 passing yards. Green co rushed for 362 yards and passed for 217.  Hodges 11 for 16 2 TD. Houchens had 24 carries for 152 yard 3 TD. Seymour has 15 carries for 149 yards and a couple including a big TD run called back. 

Most of Green co skill guys play both sides of the ball the whole game. However alot of young guys filling spots from the SR reset on defense. They are much improved from start of the season, and still have some work to do. 

There seem to be a couple of visitors there last night checking out some of Green co Tanlet. Green most definitely has a couple of fine pieces.