Lloyd 39 Montgomery County 12

7 hours ago, DRKARK said:

I could not believe the head coach for Montgomery County would not let his kids shake hands after the game. No class in my opinion.

Was there anything that would cause or give him an excuse to do this?  

Really impressed with what Lloyd has done so far this year.  They have stepped up in classes and beat Boone who is much improved, Montgomery, and a last second loss to Dixie.  Providence Indiana I don't know anything about except they are 6 - 1 with their lone loss coming to Louisville Holy Cross.  Lloyd is still sort of a mystery as far as 2A is concerned and of course with the immovable object in Beechwood in the same distict they will not get viewed as much of a threat statewide.  BUT, my opinion is that with the exception of the top few teams in 2A, Lloyd could beat just about all the other 2A teams.  Glad we are crossing over for playoffs, because they are a team that could knock off a 1 seed from the opposite district.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Was there anything that would cause or give him an excuse to do this?  

I happened to have been on the chain crew on Montgomery side lines and the only thing they complained about the whole game was the officials. I don’t think that justifies not shaking hands with the opposing team. If he felt that strong about the officials just don’t shake the officials hands.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Really impressed with what Lloyd has done so far this year.  They have stepped up in classes and beat Boone who is much improved, Montgomery, and a last second loss to Dixie.  Providence Indiana I don't know anything about except they are 6 - 1 with their lone loss coming to Louisville Holy Cross.  Lloyd is still sort of a mystery as far as 2A is concerned and of course with the immovable object in Beechwood in the same distict they will not get viewed as much of a threat statewide.  BUT, my opinion is that with the exception of the top few teams in 2A, Lloyd could beat just about all the other 2A teams.  Glad we are crossing over for playoffs, because they are a team that could knock off a 1 seed from the opposite district.  

Well said and I agree. 

I've heard from several friends at the game last night that Montgomery County's behavior throughout the game was appalling. No excuse for not shaking hands, cheering when a player is injured, and in general just horrid sportsmanship all around. 

Also was told that when Montomery beat Lloyd last year, they were throwing the ball up big in the second half. Sounds like some coaches and adults need some integrity fine tuning. Zero reason for any of this. 

1 hour ago, BrosefStalin said:

...but same behavior? 

Maybe. I never saw anything like that with Coach Egli. I know when teams are having a rough year sometimes players and at times coaches don’t handle it well. It’s hard to know without being with a program throughout the week. 

On 10/1/2022 at 10:54 AM, barrel said:

Maybe. I never saw anything like that with Coach Egli. I know when teams are having a rough year sometimes players and at times coaches don’t handle it well. It’s hard to know without being with a program throughout the week. 

When your teams are being tested you still have to coach and play with class whether you win or lose.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DRKARK said:

When your teams are being tested you still have to coach and play with class whether you win or lose.

I agree. I wasn’t there so I honestly cannot comment either way on this years game. As far as throwing the ball deep when you’re up big that can be a little more complex. On that one fans and coaches can get a little worked up over. 

MoCo is getting ready to go through 2-3 pretty brutal games.