Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lady 'Stangs Impressive

Featured Replies

What about Mason County?Are they considered in this list?They played a tough Central Hardin team last saturday and only got beat by 7. I consider them to be one if not the top contender for the region title.

 

 

Sorry, didn't mean to leave out Mason County ... they will give Brossart more problems then Paris, Bourbon, Clark or Harrison!:thumb:

No doubt Brossart is good and has done well so far, but who have they beaten that they were not expected to beat? The true test of this team will be when they play a team ranked above them. So far, the two teams who were ranked above them, Moore and NCC, beat them. Let's see how they do against Mason Co. They are expected to win the ALL 'A' and it would be a big disappointment if they lost to Paris.

  • Author

Paris is the defending champs and they will get a lot of calls but Brossart should beat them at Nicholas. The REAL TEST of a good team is to beat who they SHOULD beat and Brossart has. As you say they have only lost to two teams ranked ahead of them. Anything else is a plus. Basketball is too long of a season so there are always bumps. Montgomery Co and Brossart are two best coached teams in Region. In the end its draw, talent and luck. Brossart has beaten Camels and Eagles to get No. 1 Seed and that is a plus in this year's region field.

I have to disagree with your thinking. The true test of a team is "Can they beat teams who they are not supposed to beat?" Brossart has yet to pass that test. And as far as the post season. Brossart should have a walk-through in the district and should have two very easy games in the regional, unless they draw in the same bracket and Montgomery or Mason Co. I think they still have to play Mason Co. and I believe a pretty good Simon Kenton team but otherwise there isn't much else on the schedule. Time will tell if they are pretenders or contenders. As far as Montgomery and Brossart having the two best coaches in the region? Well, I think you can put High there for all his done in his carrer but to put Brossart's coach there after a year and a half coaching - wow I think you are giving much more credit than credit is due. Don't think Brossart's coach is even close to having that honor. Guess you know something the rest of us don't.

  • Author

I do and I do know that Simon Kenton is in the eighth region so I doubt theyll be much of a concern for the 10th Region Lady 'Stangs hehe

wow bigsnortinghorse, you must just be a wizard knowing so much. And as far as Simon Kenton? I know they are in the 8th but when i looked on the KHSAA site for teams Brossart had left on their schedule, I was looking at teams they had to play that would give them a good game. I guess you just didn't read my post close enough. Oh. and i saw that Brossart "dominated" Lloyd - is beating them by 12 points dominating?

I do and I do know that Simon Kenton is in the eighth region so I doubt theyll be much of a concern for the 10th Region Lady 'Stangs hehe

 

So how is Simon Kenton this year? Haven't heard much talk yet this year about the 8th region

wow bigsnortinghorse, you must just be a wizard knowing so much. And as far as Simon Kenton? I know they are in the 8th but when i looked on the KHSAA site for teams Brossart had left on their schedule, I was looking at teams they had to play that would give them a good game. I guess you just didn't read my post close enough. Oh. and i saw that Brossart "dominated" Lloyd - is beating them by 12 points dominating?

 

Domination is a 9 point win nowadays according to BSH...the same with their 12 point win over Pendleton.

Paris is the defending champs and they will get a lot of calls but Brossart should beat them at Nicholas. The REAL TEST of a good team is to beat who they SHOULD beat and Brossart has. As you say they have only lost to two teams ranked ahead of them. Anything else is a plus. Basketball is too long of a season so there are always bumps. Montgomery Co and Brossart are two best coached teams in Region. In the end its draw, talent and luck. Brossart has beaten Camels and Eagles to get No. 1 Seed and that is a plus in this year's region field.

 

 

Depending on what Paris team show up at Nicholas County ... Brossart may have a tougher time in knocking off Paris then what you guys may think!;)

I have to agree with Option Right about his/her opinion on which Paris teams shows up. They have play brilliant at times and then very poorly at others. As far as BSH saying "Paris is the defending champs and will get a lot of calls." Sounds like BSH is already setting himself up to make excuses if Brossart should lose. Paris is going to get calls just because they won last year? I think not. It is Brossart's tournament to lose.

I have to agree with Option Right about his/her opinion on which Paris teams shows up. They have play brilliant at times and then very poorly at others. As far as BSH saying "Paris is the defending champs and will get a lot of calls." Sounds like BSH is already setting himself up to make excuses if Brossart should lose. Paris is going to get calls just because they won last year? I think not. It is Brossart's tournament to lose.

 

 

And its HE...

 

I agree with you geez. Why would BSH feel like Paris will get the calls just because they are the defending champs? Maybe he can explain that one.:confused: I've never heard of that before. It's Brossart tournament to lose and all I'm saying is that I wouldn't overlook Paris by no means. If they play like they did against Paducah Tilghman, Rose Hill, Harrison County and Lexington Christian ... then Paris has a chance - but if they play the way they have during some of their losses, then Paris may not even make it to the finals.

  • Author

Geeeeez If only coaches could play. It depends on how the players do when they show up. Time doesn't always have to do with a persons ability. Tenure is always good because of experience but in public schools especially they often stay well past their time. Sadly in girls sports many coaches arent evaluated as hard as in boys sports too. Paris is a good team but Christman and others arent here this year. Montgomery and Mason return almost everyone and will be hard to beat hopefully they will draw each other in the Region. Brossart can be right there. Congrats to Nell Fookes too closing in on her 500th in 3-4 more games. Best Coach Ever in Northern Kentucky.

Depending on what Paris team show up at Nicholas County ... Brossart may have a tougher time in knocking off Paris then what you guys may think!;)

 

 

 

I guess the best Paris team showed up?:banana:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.