Corbin 38 Simon Kenton 35

theguru

6 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

515 yards of Offense? 

And lost? 

Is that a joke? 

There is this new "thing" ... called defense. Good grief ... try it some time. 

Seriously ... are people proud of having 515 yards and offense ... and not winning? No offense -- but that isn't a good look for SK. I notice SK person(s) here always seem to be quick with stats ... I fail to feel good about stats like this when the team didn't win. I mean -- not trying to be a jerk -- but that really isn't some to brag about. 

Bragging it is called posting stats! SK defense made plenty of stops it was a great game back in fourth.

5 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Corbin had a short field on kick returns.

Really .. is that all it was? 

I get it ... there isn't anything wrong with supporting your team. At the same time -- those numbers are not something to be proud of when you lose. There is a fundamental issue that isn't being addressed there ... seems to be a theme. To me -- it tells a team that you don't have to have your best game to beat SK ... they can double your offense output ... and still win. 

Not sure I would be celebrating that ... from here it feels like an excuse for a loss that shouldn't have happened. 

• Like 2

Just now, gbballfan21 said:

Really .. is that all it was? 

I get it ... there isn't anything wrong with supporting your team. At the same time -- those numbers are not something to be proud of when you lose. There is a fundamental issue that isn't being addressed there ... seems to be a theme. To me -- it tells a team that you don't have to have your best game to beat SK ... they can double your offense output ... and still win. 

Not sure I would be celebrating that ... from here it feels like an excuse for a loss that shouldn't have happened. 

Corbin is pretty good.

I thought Simon played well but they struggled in the red zone on top of scoring a lot too.

4 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Bragging it is called posting stats! SK defense made plenty of stops it was a great game back in fourth.

Why would you hurry and rush to post stats like that ... know your team lost? It doesn't make them look any better at all. When you come to the internet ASAP after a game (or during a game) and post stats like that ... it sends a horrible message. 

Like I said ... nothing wrong with supporting your team. It just feels like an excuse for not winning. 

Just now, MaddenCurse44 said:

Tough loss for the Pioneers they played great. Now they are battle tested now time to sweep district!!! SK travels to Dixie next week!

I think they are the favorite in the district now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Why would you hurry and rush to post stats like that ... know your team lost? It doesn't make them look any better at all. When you come to the internet ASAP after a game (or during a game) and post stats like that ... it sends a horrible message. 

Like I said ... nothing wrong with supporting your team. It just feels like an excuse for not winning. 

It was a very exciting game and posting is what we want at BGP.  I think you are being pretty hard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Corbin is pretty good.

I thought Simon played well but they struggled in the red zone on top of scoring a lot too.

Corbin is really good ... no doubt about that. It would have been a season defining victory (at least in my opinion). 

I guess my point is ... the Pioneers (or at least their faithful on the site) should have realized that Corbin winning this game with half as much offense is significantly more impressive than losing it with twice as much offense. 

Maybe I follow the wrong team ... heck maybe I am doing it wrong. Good luck to both teams going forward

Corbin is really good ... no doubt about that. It would have been a season defining victory (at least in my opinion). 

I guess my point is ... the Pioneers (or at least their faithful on the site) should have realized that Corbin winning this game with half as much offense is significantly more impressive than losing it with twice as much offense. 

Maybe I follow the wrong team ... heck maybe I am doing it wrong. Good luck to both teams going forward

You have made your point, please move on.

On 5/17/2022 at 5:49 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Where is that language? KRS?

19 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

515 yards of Offense? 

And lost? 

Is that a joke? 

There is this new "thing" ... called defense. Good grief ... try it some time. 

Seriously ... are people proud of having 515 yards and offense ... and not winning? No offense -- but that isn't a good look for SK. I notice SK person(s) here always seem to be quick with stats ... I fail to feel good about stats like this when the team didn't win. I mean -- not trying to be a jerk -- but that really isn't some to brag about. 

Not proud about what happened  just posting the stats. Adults need to realize that players read this forum as well. Maybe try to be more considerate with your comments. These kids played their behinds off in this game. One play here or there and they win. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

It was a very exciting game and posting is what we want at BGP.  I think you are being pretty hard.

You could be right ... at the same time .... moral victories still usually mean an "L" as opposed to a "W".  

Not to mention ... I seriously doubt if any of the SK players want to see or relive the fact that they nearly doubled the other teams offensive output and still lost. It isn't a good feeling to wake up with ... and if the faithful would realize that ... things may eventually come out in their favor at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

You could be right ... at the same time .... moral victories still usually mean an "L" as opposed to a "W".  

Not to mention ... I seriously doubt if any of the SK players want to see or relive the fact that they nearly doubled the other teams offensive output and still lost. It isn't a good feeling to wake up with ... and if the faithful would realize that ... things may eventually come out in their favor at the end of the season. 

Horse Dead GIF - Horse Dead Beating GIFs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Like I said before one heck of a game! This game made both teams better! Really excited to watch SK play their district games.

I agree, both Corbin and Simon Kenton benefit from this game.