Ryle 48 Cooper 19 (Frosh)

futurecoach

2 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Future coach seems to be hung up on the best freshman qb discussion as it pertains to NKY. You’re defending the OHara kid as though he playing a freshmen schedule. He’s starting varsity, I’d assume we all know we are discussing QBs playing freshmen ball only.

Check out my first post. I even said that I agreed with him that Nate is the best freshman QB in NKY playing freshman football. However, he was not just talking about freshman football. He was saying best freshman QB in NKY in general and it’s not even close. Hence, my disagreement in him saying it’s not even close. I think it’s hard to say it’s not even close, when you can’t judge it since one is tearing up freshman teams, and the other is playing against juniors and seniors. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Plenty of examples through the years of guys who may have been better in youth football, then someone else becoming better than them when they get older. That’s not uncommon at all. The funny thing is all I am saying is it’s a little far off to say it’s not even close, when one guy is tearing up freshman teams, while the other is playing against Juniors and Seniors.  If Cam was also playing freshman, he probably also is tearing it up and then all of a sudden doesn’t seem like a huge difference like you are suggesting.

Also agreed Savage would make a big difference too. Not as big of a difference as a stud QB, but would make a big difference for sure. Not argument here on that, Savage is a complete stud like his older brother and has potential to be even better. 

There have been 4 Frosh QB’s that have played varsity in NKY this season. Them playing has more to do with not having a QB in the pipeline more so than their superb talents. I agree that all of them are good to very good. I suspect they’ll all have great careers and wish them all the best. 

Verax is faster, more athletic, and has a better arm than all of them. He also has by far the better youth and middle school resume. 

In every category other than “varsity reps” Verax has proven to be better head to head. Whatever any of those other have done, Verax would have done better because he is better.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

There have been 4 Frosh QB’s that have played varsity in NKY this season. Them playing has more to do with not having a QB in the pipeline more so than their superb talents. I agree that all of them are good to very good. I suspect they’ll all have great careers and wish them all the best. 

Verax is faster, more athletic, and has a better arm than all of them. He also has by far the better youth and middle school resume. 

In every category other than “varsity reps” Verax has proven to be better head to head. Whatever any of those other have done, Verax would have done better because he is better.

Well first paragraph completely wrong, especially in the case of Cam. Cooper ga two other good QBs in the program one a junior in Cole Henry, and the other a sophomore Isaiah Johnson who is a very good talented QB and has transitioned to WR since Cam won the QB job. 

You’re acting like I have put down Verax, simply because I said you can’t say he is the best freshman and it’s not even close. Which your basing your stuff on youth football apparently.  Which if you want to talk youth football in those head to head games you mentioned with Cam and those other QBs. Verax by far had the best team around him. In those years he also had Savage and Maher who is now at Cooper. So using head to head to validate your argument in youth football is weak, when one team is completely stacked in those QB matchups. 

Once again this is all because apparently you feel I slighted Verax by saying it is at least debatable about it being at least close. 

Congratulations to Ryle and ALL of their players. Is it just me or would these 14 and 15 year olds be better served without adults telling them how great they are and that they’re the next big thing?  The social media hype around children, by adults, is gross at times. Let them play, develop and go about it without a target on their back and inflated ego in their heads. And we wonder why so many kids transfer these days. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1959 said:

Congratulations to Ryle and ALL of their players. Is it just me or would these 14 and 15 year olds be better served without adults telling them how great they are and that they’re the next big thing?  The social media hype around children, by adults, is gross at times. Let them play, develop and go about it without a target on their back and inflated ego in their heads. And we wonder why so many kids transfer these days. 

💯% Agree.

The two only undefeated frosh teams met on the turf last night to settle any dispute of who the best TEAM was, and one TEAM dominantly showed who the best TEAM is on the field. Fantastic game plan by Ryle. Cooper has some very good players, but I don't think even if Cooper freshman QB who plays varsity would make up for 29 points. The best TEAM won in dominant fashion. 

• Like 1