Owensboro 34 South Warren 0 (Frosh)

• theguru changed the title to Owensboro 34 South Warren 0 (Frosh)

I have really high expectations for Evan Hampton, with his size, speed and agility. If he stays healthy he has the potential to be 1 of the best RB’s that ever played at rash stadium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

Kid's got some jets. He'd be seeing a lot of varsity action at 80-90% of the schools in this state.

And he did this past week.  He ran a kickoff back 90 yards against Apollo varsity.

• Like 1

Impressive.  I watched the BG v O 8th grade game last year and they were impressive then.

I will say that I know South's best Freshman are on the 2 deep varsity lineup and didn't play in this game.  

But that's not to take anything away from this, just providing perspective.

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

Impressive.  I watched the BG v O 8th grade game last year and they were impressive then.

I will say that I know South's best Freshman are on the 2 deep varsity lineup and didn't play in this game.  

But that's not to take anything away from this, just providing perspective.

That happens.  And a lot of these kids haven’t fully matured so winning at 9th grade doesn’t ensure you dominate through varsity.  Hampton is a full grown dude and not all the players are.

35 minutes ago, Brown said:

That happens.  And a lot of these kids haven’t fully matured so winning at 9th grade doesn’t ensure you dominate through varsity.  Hampton is a full grown dude and not all the players are.

True but he's going to be a good one.  Kinda of reminds me of an offensive Austin Gough.

They come to BG on Sept 15.  Owensboro likely too much with Trevy Barber staying with the varsity team.  But still great competition.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Purple88 said:

True but he's going to be a good one.  Kinda of reminds me of an offensive Austin Gough.

They come to BG on Sept 15.  Owensboro likely too much with Trevy Barber staying with the varsity team.  But still great competition.

Was thinking the same thing. 

• Like 1