Owensboro Catholic 42 Apollo 14

It was a good start to the Brady Atwell era for Owensboro Catholic. Atwell had around 250 passing yards with 3 TDs and close to 100 yards rushing in the first half. Cramps limited to Atwell to only a few plays in the second half as that didn't matter much as OC put a running clock on Apollo on the first play of the 4th quarter. 

Despite having more turnovers and more penalty yards, Owensboro Catholic was the much more complete team last night as they had 6 different players score TDs and limited Apollo's playmakers to only score until the last minute of the game when Apollo tacked on the last TD. Bright spot for Apollo would have to be #6 their RB and #9 on the defensive line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Brown said:

I’m in shock over this…

Should have been on the sideline!

Personally, I thought it would be a battle. When Catholic jumped out ahead two TD’s in 3 minutes, it took the wind out of the sails. 

I still stand behind Coach Edge. That wasn’t the best Apollo team in the field last night. This coming Friday against Owensboro will be tough, but by week 3, I think they’ll be much-improved.

One thing that shows to be true to me more and more every season is that NOTHING is being taught at the middle school level in this county in any sport. Someone has to get control of that situation.